Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
    I've got a DIY rotiseree I bought off PF a few years ago. Its pretty humble but would be cheap. Owes me $150 from memory, happy to sell for $100.

I have no pics of it.
    If the other one falls through I might have a look at it.

Under steer is hitting the wall with your front end. Over steer is hitting the wall with your tail end. Horsepower if how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how much of the wall you take with you after you hit it.

Comment

Looks great guys, stunning bodywork!
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Came home from work the other day to find the shed light on and Dad putting in the tank by himself, so as you do got down on the shed floor in my work clothes and helped him finish it off! This is how the VE commodore fuel pump sits in the tank with the access hole and cover plate we made for it.

Comment

Small little update, we finished off the fuel neck filler and assembly and sprayed out the back in GMH Black. Tank is now finally in!

Comment

Wow!!!! She's looking a bit more like a car now buddy!! Excited much?
            What's the next step?
            I've been SLOOOOOWLY doing bits n pieces on my 28, I usually get an hour or two a week by myself so progress is painfully slow, I usually re-read your entire build just for motivation 
            The new leather seats are the real pain at the moment, had to do the same as you and cut to lower as I couldn't even sit straight when I dummy fitted it!! Problem was my brackets could not be removed from the seats so I've been having to haul the whole seat in and out countless times and try to get my measurements spot on without being able to look at more than two at the same time 
            Then in my frustration I welded in my metal plates and FORGOT TO FIT THE NUTS! Omg a needed a fortnight away just to get over it hahaha!! Just finished re-cutting and welding again on Saturday so that's to mounts done just the two tears to go, fingers crossed it all lines up.
            Can't wait to see what's next for yours!! 

Comment

good to hear cobjay50! Keep at it and you will get there! dont think of it as a whole project because it gets daunting, just focus on one little bit at a time. The ammount of times we have mucked somthing up and had to re-do or re-make but its all part of the process and you learn a lot as you go I think. These cars deserve all of the attention they require

Comment

Little bit more work done on the celica, we made up a neat little heat shield to protect the brake/clutch master. Got this off a car at the wreckers for the grand total of $0. Plates also arrived in the mail so although a long way off put one on just to snap a few pictures. We also put in some adjustable rubber bump stops for the hatch and made a start on the custom dash layout. We are just making this out of cheap materials at the moment till we have it all figured out. Few pics below.

Comment

"custom" dashes often are not great, I'd stick with the stock bezel and just mount up some speedhut gauges, or if you are really set on a custom dash go for something like a motec SDL and SLM / one of the new LCD ones or depending on ecu choice other dash
                  Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

the original dash in the RA is by no means beautiful, plus the fact the plastic is so old and brittle I didnt get a complete dash anyway, they are always broken snapped/broken/cracked at the mounting tabs etc. We will be more or less replicating its original appearance anyway, nothing out of the norm and i wont be running a racepac style dash, I want to keep the mechanical gauge look.

Comment

Speedhut and upload celica or old school toyota logo..

I went full shit stir on the wagon...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120917_200043.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	6602410

go the white backlight the green is dim as fuck
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121025_204318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	6602411
                      Originally posted by ALLMTR
                      the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Sorry for such a long gap between updates, plenty has been happening.

We started by fibreglassing the top side of the roof lining to add some much needed support where it was water damaged and deformed out of shape using the support frame dad made up on the underside, worked a treat.

We also made a start on figuring out the water and oil system for the 1jz single conversion, while this has been done over a million times I'm gonna make sure to take a heap of clear pics showing exactly where stuff goes and how we are running the lines so others can benefit from it. God knows how many questions I've bothered mates with over this.

While the engine was on the stand we also modified the oil return for the single turbo set up making a new adapter bracket to fit between the sump and the -10AN male fitting. Pending how this pans out I'll try add a 45 or 90 degree fitting to aim away from the hilux mount otherwise I might need to go back to a female return. The engine arm in this photo was the jzx100 one but we ended up swapping back to the z30 soarer arm as the chaser ones are too low.

We cut out some engine mount plates and tapped out the holes, once finally located these will be welded to the crossmember, they are slightly staggered and not the same both sides. One will require a support step on the back and the other won't. But I'll take plenty more pics so those who are interested can see what I mean. But it did help get the engine nice and low.

We bolted the r154 onto the 1jz with a full set of bolts I ordered from driftmotion in the USA. This engine is missing Pistons, has horrid chipped fire engine red cam covers but will do purely for the purpose of mounting the engine and figuring out the layout in the bay.

And it finally went in! We still have to finish the engine bay mounting plates and weld them in but it's actually mounted. I'm very happy we beat out the trans tunnel before lowering it in and also had a modified sump to clear the steering, it's a tight fit. The exhaust manifold in the picture is not what I'll end up running but good enough for an idea of fitment, I'll be getting a 6boost one eventually.

We also had my set of speedhut gauges from the USA arrive today, the quality is amazing. Highly recommended.

Over the next few days I'll add some more pictures of progress and also some clear pics of the gearbox mount and the extension plates required.

Cheers.

Comment

Huh my gauges from Speedhut arrived on Monday... high five! I didn't order a full suite like you though.
                          1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

Looking great - love the colour, is it a Toyota off-White?

I'll have my second set of Speedhut gauges on the way soon too, definitely worth it.

Comment

This is epic
                              Originally posted by thebluerx7
                              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, it's not a Toyota colour it's actually rover old English white.

Comment

Working...
                                X