• Show
Clear All

looks great. engine fits really neatly!
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Why did you go a GPS speedo?
      Originally posted by ALLMTR
      the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

because it makes it so much easier and I wanted it that way. Simple 😊

Comment

I've always been worried about the legality of the GPS speedos come rego time, but it appears you don't even need a speedometer unless your car was built after 1983, so I suppose it doesn't make any difference!

Thought the paint looked familiar, it's number four on my list currently. Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
            because it makes it so much easier and I wanted it that way. Simple 😊
            Thats cool just honestly interested in why!

my $0.02...

Not running a road speed sensor to the ECU anyway?

Almost all of the motorway tunnels in Australia are full of speed cameras...

does the GPS speedo offer the option of a hard wired speed input as well or no choice?
            the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

havent even thought about wiring and ecu choices yet, long way off. I chose this gauge for ease of getting the correct speed output and not having to worry about rolling diameters etc. it's not a daily driver.

Comment

This is the gearbox mount we modified with the extension plates and side webbing for extra strength.

The crossmember has asymmetrical engine mount plates, the passenger side has a support ledge that is welded to the back of the plate and also along the support step on the back of the crossmember.

Comment

Nice fab work
                  I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

I always look forward to an update in this thread. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Got out BPP fuel rail and the quality is amazing. Will order our injectors soon and the FPR and finish off the fuel lines.

Some more work on the dash prototype, this isn't the final product but it's getting there.

6boost vband manifold manifold fitted along with our oil catch can.

Started to pull down the 1jz p/s pump to modify it. This will end up with sealed bearings and a grease nipple as we will only be using it as an idler.

Comment

Easier to delete it no?
                        Seen quite a few JZ's just running the waterpump with no AC or PS

Comment

Except I'll be running ac so I need the compressor, otherwise yes there are plenty of delete kits to remove bothe the p/s and a/c.

Comment

Looks great, dash isn't bad either!
                            Originally posted by thebluerx7
                            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

might find once you have some good tires and a sporting alignment you might want power steering... maybe just run the pump looped for now?

Comment

Na car will never have power steering, or at least not for many many many years lol. ive been in heaps of RA JZ powered cars with standard steering and they operate fine for a street car and how I will be using it.
                                Will just modify this P/S pump to idle esentially so I can retain a fully standard belt and make use of the aircon, cause its just too hot in QLD not to have it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X