1977 RA28 Fasthack celica project

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus the modification can be reversed at any stage, or simply swapped over to another unit.
    Just ordered a whole heap of stuff to finish off the fuel side, so thats next on the agenda.

Comment

Got some more parts from Kristian at Golebys Parts including my injectors and fuel pressure regulator

Test fitted in the BPP rail with the injectors and spacers, was pretty trickery with the manifold on etc. next time I'll do it off the car on the bench.

We also made up a neat little bracket for the Fuel Preasure reg off the back of the inlet manifold.

We also changed the plans for the power steering pump and ended up having Craig at Extreme Custom Engineering machine out the back of the pump so we could fit in another sealed bearing to support the rear of the shaft. No more need for a grease nipple. This is literally just an idler in our application so we can retain the standard belt but also use the aircon compressor.

I've also put in another order for all my fittings and braided fuel line to finish it off so that's next on the cards.

Comment

Few small updates.
        Got my 2jz water pump and pulley kit and a few other fittings we needed to finish off the fuel lines. Also upgraded the fuel pump in the MRA unit to an aeromotive 325lph pump. We also got a air box from the wreckers from an old Corolla, few more things to finish off the next time the motor comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by lickmyleftone
          I'd do things to her that Tripper hasn't seen.
          As seen on Tinder : "If a Vegan does Crossfit, which one do they mention to you first?"

Comment

Also here is a small little update on the dash, been doing some plastic welding for the glove box surround and will be sending off the dash pad to be restored soon.

Comment

I've had shit luck with plastic welding-I can make strong joins but they look like shit. Are you able to use some kind of textured plate/film or something to get the show side of the join to look "right" against the surrounding plastic?

Comment

Yeah that is going to be the trickiest part of it, we are just going to rub back the lower half and paint it out. Its not going to have exactly the same effect the standard plastic had but its the best we can do with what we had. Its no show car

Comment

wow so clean,

how compact is the airbox?
                  www.holditflat.com

Comment

THank schnitzelburgeer,
                    not sure what you mean how compact the airbox is?
                    It fits in fairly well, bit of modification was required to the area it sits in.

Comment

just wondering how deep it is

seems hard to find an airbox thats a basic rectangular prism, lots of them are really deep or weirdly shaped

(im casually looking for a airbox for my mx5)
                      www.holditflat.com

Comment

Mine has a weird arch shape underneath where it obviously was made to clear something on the corolla, but I couldnt really go any bigger than this. I never got the VIN of what the car was we took it off AE92 or something like that.

Comment

no problems cheers

epic build man.
                          www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                            wow so clean...
                            Agreed, this is one of the neatest projects I have ever seen. Nice work.

Question - What did you paint the cross member and gearbox mount with?

I'm looking for something for mine that is chip resistant.

Comment

So much patience... Such a good result!
                              Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

It's just GMH black, nothing fancy.
                                But thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Working...
                                X