No announcement yet.

1977 RA28 Fasthack celica project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need one of these!
    Norbie!

Comment

Wanted to share something a little off topic to what we have been currently working on.

The magazine I write for has a new issue out #47 and my little silly car got a small feature. Was stoked to be able to do this neat advertorial with LINK ECU on their Link G4+ Fury and really appreciated their support with our project. If you want to grab a copy and check it out you would be doing us all a favour cant wait to get it all wired in and reap the benefits!

Click image for larger version

Name:	issue 47 Link Feature.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	533.4 KB
ID:	6618019

Comment

congrats on the article - love seeing the updates

Comment

yeah thats cool man congrats
          www.holditflat.com

Comment

This is what the glove box ended up looking like, used a basic flocking kit found off the internet and worked a treat.
            The metal plates help stiffen up the mounting faces and dress it off nicely.

Name:	Glovebox.jpg
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	6618158

Comment

That looks a whole lot better than original, nice job!
              Norbie!

Comment

Wow. that is good. Does the surface scratch up easily?

What was the flocking kit price?
                Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Haven't fitted it in yet.

But yes the product seems very durable so far, given it good tap and rub with the fingers and nothing has dropped off.

It was $17 for the small bag of flock and the applicator was $20.

Tossing up the idea of making and selling them for others with 1st Gen Celica's, but not including the metal facia pieces. Just got to come up with a price that justifies the time/materials as they are quite time consuming to make up once you have done the template, cut and punched out all the holes, primed and painted it and then flocked.

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
                    Haven't fitted it in yet.

But yes the product seems very durable so far, given it good tap and rub with the fingers and nothing has dropped off.

It was $17 for the small bag of flock and the applicator was $20.

Tossing up the idea of making and selling them for others with 1st Gen Celica's, but not including the metal facia pieces. Just got to come up with a price that justifies the time/materials as they are quite time consuming to make up once you have done the template, cut and punched out all the holes, primed and painted it and then flocked.
                    That's alright for doing your own stuff.
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Pretty happy with how it came out

Name:	glovebox installed.jpg
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	6618171

Comment

Also what material did you end up using for the main structure that you flocked over?

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          Also what material did you end up using for the main structure that you flocked over?
                          We used cardboard. slightly thicker than what the original was, maybe 1mm thicker.

Comment

Fiddliest bit I found with flocking was the glue. They wont ship the good stuff over from the USA because it explodes or something. Some people use watered down pva but surely that is shit? I used water based epoxy, sprayed on with a gun. Seemed to work nicely!

Comment

Got myself a Link ethanol content sensor recently, while the car will be set up and run on 98 most of the time I thought it might be a good idea to add this into the return line for the future for when I do play around with E85. Got a bracket made up and now just need to paint it and order some more fittings and fuel line from Golbey's. Engine bay is getting full, especially that back corner with the washer bottle, heater tap, wiper motor and charcoal canister.

Name:	Link Ethanol Content Sensor Bracket.jpg
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	6618249Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Bay.jpg
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	6618248

Comment

Few more updates,

Finished off the return line with the ethanol content sensor, came out pretty neat and still gives good access to everything down that side of the engine.
                                We also ran some cord around the hatch glass seal and put that in, still needs to have the sealer goo put in but will do that later on when my Hatch Louvre arrives from Japan.

Name:	Return line finished.jpg
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	6618326Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Bay top.jpg
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	6618324Click image for larger version

Name:	Hatch glass seal.jpg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	6618325

This week we also got all the RA28 new door glass sets come in, these will start to go out all over the country over the coming weeks.

We have also had some interest in making up some new Glove Boxes for these 1st Gen Celica's, We made up a plug for the glove box which replicates the inside space of the original box. This will mean we can fold up others around it and ensure that they remain square and true while being stuck together and make sure they are all the same.

Name:	Glove Box plug.jpg
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	6618327Click image for larger version

Name:	RA28 Glass.jpg
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	6618328

Comment

Working...
                                X