No announcement yet.

1977 RA28 Fasthack celica project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more work on that plug you could do them out of fiberglass or get fancy do the first layer out of carbon and avoid the flocking black lung...
    Originally posted by ALLMTR
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Originally posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
      A little more work on that plug you could do them out of fiberglass or get fancy do the first layer out of carbon and avoid the flocking black lung...
      Na, In times gone by they have been done out of fibreglass/carbon fibre I believe. I personally don't really like fibreglass and especially with a part like that it needs to be absolutely 100% perfect fitment or it simply fights you the entire time. I much prefer the OEM look with black flock. We initially said we might make 5 to gauge interest, but like 14 people so far have said they would take one. So we will make up a few and it will be first in best dressed. Then maybe make more after that.

Comment

My Louvre from Japan arrived yesterday, did a quick test fit last night and I must say I love how it looks. Will look even better with the chrome trim strip around the seal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Louvre.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	6618349

Comment

Looks slick!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
          The Slowly IS300

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
            My Louvre from Japan arrived yesterday, did a quick test fit last night and I must say I love how it looks. Will look even better with the chrome trim strip around the seal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111194[/ATTACH]
            That's looks sexy! Is that a repro or a NOS item?

I had an old one which my dog crunched during a thunderstorm and I am in need of another. Louvre that is.

Comment

Cheers!

Its a Reproduction item made by Takayuki Hirano in Japan, not cheap by any means but certainly is quality and looks great. It was $460 USD shipped via EMS post.

Comment

the shape of the louvre is real slick, way nicer than the aussie ones that used to be around.
                www.holditflat.com

Comment

holy crap that looks good
                  Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                  "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

That looks awesome.

Comment

Little more progress over the long weekend.

We did the headlining again as it had come away in a few areas and looks a lot better this time around. Next Job is to finish off doing the hatch putting the glass in for good fitting the chrome strip in the seal and mounting the louvre properly.

After that the engine and gearbox is coming out. Pic below is just because I like it

Name:	Front.jpg
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	6618480

Comment

Few more progress updates,

Managed to score this brand new RT104L Corona demister switch on eBay. Looks right at home in the custom dash section we have made.
                        We had to make a backing plate piece to further help hold it in place as the thickness of the metal was a lot skinnier than Imagine the original corona dash was and it was a little sloppy without it.

Have also taken the headlining look to Whitey's Wiring to be made up new so it can go up and stay in for good.

Have also taken the interior trim pieces down to trim shop in the Gold Coast, have come up with a plan of attack and currently pricing up some leather/vinyl and colours to get this done. Pretty excited to see how it comes back as the shop does amazing work and isn't overpriced. Watch this space

Name:	Trim pieces.jpg
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	6618819Click image for larger version

Name:	dash back.jpg
Size:	547.3 KB
ID:	6618820Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash front.jpg
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	6618821

Comment

So I have wanted this wheel for a very long time, made a guilty purchase and just grabbed it even though its not really needed yet.
                          Will look great with the carbon fibre gauge face once that all goes back in.

Name:	Wheel 1.jpg
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	6618949Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel 2.jpg
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	6618950

Comment

Name:	meme.jpg
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	6619070

Comment

Wheel looks great! Suits the interior nicely! Must be seeing the finish line in sight finally?
                              Lol at the meme too :rotflol:

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]112086[/ATTACH]
                                Hah
                                www.holditflat.com

Comment

Working...
                                X