X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right in the feels

"cool"
    Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Got the gauge fascia back recently, must say I am pretty happy with how it all came out. This is a real piece of carbon fibre bonded to the alloy piece we had made and clear coated, I am certain the finish is much better than if I had have hydro dipped it. I am also really happy with how this looks behind the Momo Prototipo Carbon 6C Wheel, looking forward to seeing the rest of the dash in and some trim colour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbon dash 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	6619342Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbon dash 2.jpg
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	6619341Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbon dash 3.jpg
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	6619340

Dad also made up a neat from tool for the stainless trim, great for getting out the minor damage and certainly worth the effort. For now we are also pretty much elbow deep in making glove boxes and waiting on a few things before we can proceed. But the car did go outside for a while to get a very much needed wash. The car is certainly starting to look good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stainless Trim tool.jpg
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	6619344Click image for larger version

Name:	Wash time.jpg
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	6619343

Comment

Fuck yes. The dash and steering wheel combo looks great!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
        The Slowly IS300

Comment

glad you went real carbon for the dash looks great, considered epoxying some threaded inserts into the dash frame so you can use some nice SS bolts to hold the dash in rather than self tappers?
          Originally posted by ALLMTR
          the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Originally posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
            glad you went real carbon for the dash looks great, considered epoxying some threaded inserts into the dash frame so you can use some nice SS bolts to hold the dash in rather than self tappers?
            At this stage happy to just leave them black self tappers. There is already a lot of chrome rings and warning light stuff going on. I actually like that the fixings aren't "Showy" as I have a feeling it might be too much with stainless fasteners.

Comment

Originally posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
              Can get stainless cap head self tappers !!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/M3-M4-M5...-/322231862396

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

looks good mate, keep it going. ignore the knit-pickers.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                  looks good mate, keep it going. ignore the knit-pickers.
                  fuck off nit picking, just suggesting something as those fucking dash screws never stay tight, but if he likes the look thats fine...
                  Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

I think the black screws look fine.

You can also just get black screw caps from Bunnings if it was wanted.
                    https://www.bunnings.com.au/prestige...-pack_p4020806 or https://www.bunnings.com.au/prestige...-pack_p3954602

But I think it just draws attention to it and it fine without.
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Yeah I am happy with the black anodised screw and nylon washers. They all have those cage nuts behind them and lock up fine.
                      I personally feel if they were chrome or stainless it would look crap, the mushroom head is low profile and a bolt would stick out and look shit. The black against the carbon fibre is very subtle, exactly what I wanted. I don't thing the fasteners need to be a focal point when you look forward at the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]112468[/ATTACH]
                        You need more RPM's on that tacho fella :p

Updates mint as usual!! Whats next on the chopping block with all your mad glove box profits? :D
                        1JZ RA28 (yoshi) the toymotor sillycar
                        http://performanceforums.com/forums/...gte-ra28-skids
                        200B wagon
                        LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]112086[/ATTACH]
                          I come back every every few weeks to see how this is coming along - Looks great mate!

Comment

Love that wheel! Howmuchizit?

Comment

Just checked eBay.... Damn (starts saving)

Comment

Originally posted by _glenn_archer_ View Post
                                You need more RPM's on that tacho fella :p

Updates mint as usual!! Whats next on the chopping block with all your mad glove box profits? :D
                                Hey Mate! I've been enjoying your updates as well
                                Next on the cards is a set of techno toy tuning weld on front coil overs and adjustable camber plates.
                                Also getting some trim stuff done atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X