No announcement yet.

1977 RA28 Fasthack celica project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very tidy indeed. Keen for some start up and tuning videos!

And skids.
    The Slowly IS300

Comment

That's bloody tidy!! Love it

Comment

Loving the loom!! So clean and simple.

What is the ballpark cost on getting a typical 90's Japanese loom done to that level, please?

Comment

I guess it depends how much of your car you are doing? We have had the entire car wired from scratch with Mil-Spec Tefzel wiring, deutsch connectors and the firewall quick release adds some cost. Not much change from 7K to wire the entire car.
          Last edited by celica77; 14-10-20, 02:15 PM.

Comment

That's a lot of money, but having done a bit of it myself (and to a much lower standard) I can see how the hours can add up in a hurry.
            Norbie!

Comment

For sure plenty of that is labour costs.. I hate electrical gremlins and as this is a forever car we were happy to pay to have it done to such a high standard. There were a lot of systems on board to wire in and make speak to each other, including the Vintage Air AC unit, Powertune Digital Dash, Speedhut gauges, link G4 ECU etc and having spent so much on doing the other parts of the car right we didn't want to skimp on the wiring.

Comment

That looks awesome, and being Whiteys it will be perfect.

Comment

Agreed, they certainly know what they are doing! Few more very recent updates attached. Should be on to testing body electrics tomorrow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Testing is going well so far, no sensor errors and cranks over fine. The battery needs a bit of a charge and has RPM to the ECU etc but is not building oil pressure yet. All very exciting so far and keen for a first start later this week.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff! I love this build, please keep the updates coming.

Comment

Originally posted by volt View Post
                        Good stuff! I love this build, please keep the updates coming.
                        What this bloke said!
                        Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

plot twist, engine will not build oil pressure. This was an oversight when putting the engine together not priming the oil pump. While not the end of the world its a huge spanner in the works as we simply cannot get to the oil pump to fill it via the plug as everything is so freaking tight and the boys in the shop simply don't have time to pull it apart and sort it and we can't get over there. Been told its near on impossible to back fill through turbo or filter lines. For this reason the car is going to have to come back home, cancel the tune and fix the problem. Car's are fun :/

Comment

It should still prime? I’ve never had a Toyota oil pump not prime from a fresh build?
                            GT8
                            1UZ Celica
                            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Yeah weird
                              I'm assuming you can change the oil filter? Not hard to stick a fitting on and use a drum pump to pump engine oil into it.

I've fitted two brand new oil pumps to JZ engines, never primed either, they had oil pressure like you would expect.
                              Last edited by dnegative; 19-10-20, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Yep it’s strange, but Sam said he has seen it before on another JZ where the only way they got it to come up on pressure was fill directly at the pump.

ive also has a friend with a very serious JZ build suffer exactly the same problem today also (bit spooky). But right now I’m too tired to give it anymore thought and will tackle it with a fresh mind later on.
                                Last edited by celica77; 19-10-20, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X