Holden Ute

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rebuild the Konis - they're good enough, and more comfortable than a billy because of that bit of initial compliance that comes from not being a High pressure gas damper.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

My QA1's were about $5-600 (pair) for reference and are sexy time (shame they are still in the box not on the car).
      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
        Call GSA at Springwood for Bilsteins.
        Awesome. All sorted. Spoke with bilstein in sydney and worked out what it'll need. Ordered and pick up in a few days.

Hope they don't need much revalving, possibly on the rear a bit to soften up.
        Originally posted by Bosshoggett
        If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

So in a mindfuck.

i could build the vvti motor I have. But that means new ecu $3k, essentially redo $5k of labour in swapping loom/pipe work/shit around. Then have relatively unknown vvti motor.

or just hold off on rebuild and build the current 1uz later and spend effort towards new intake manifold and shit, and not change a thing otherwise.
          If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
            Just rebuild the Konis - they're good enough, and more comfortable than a billy because of that bit of initial compliance that comes from not being a High pressure gas damper.
            This is why I liked those ohlins so much. Best of both worlds with the bypass valves for immediate high speed lowering of rate. Really accentuated digressive curves, and other big words. Same sort of thing is megabucks to do here as much as it would be awesome. Shouldn't of sold as I'm sure I could of made them work in the hq with some adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by cracka View Post
              So in a mindfuck.

i could build the vvti motor I have. But that means new ecu $3k, essentially redo $5k of labour in swapping loom/pipe work/shit around. Then have relatively unknown vvti motor.

or just hold off on rebuild and build the current 1uz later and spend effort towards new intake manifold and shit, and not change a thing otherwise.
              I missed it, what's wrong with the current motor?
              Originally posted by Mr Jones
              Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

How about instead of spending $3k on a new computer - spend $2k on new internals and just run an extra 2psi to make up for no VVTi?

Hire accountant, do cost benefit analysis - more boost will be the winrar.

Comment

I dont understand what the mindfuck is about, other than you being a tard.

You said current setup needs a tune to regain 400+rwhp. Has that happened yet? Is it running on E85?

Wouldnt the smart play be to just nick Az's tune, wind it back a bit so as not to spit gaskets and skid about with 440-450rwhp?

You make shit way too hard for yourself. Get another hobby or buy a house for some perspective.
                  Originally posted by Dimi
                  80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                  Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                  My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

yeah stick with what you have. Dual VVTi and all that wanky stuff sounds awesome, but doesnt mean shit when you are being mowed by a wheels+waves <$500 Bluebird at PC.

seriously. Just leave your car alone, buy a $500 1uz motor and build that up.. Once it is ready, swap them over in a weekend (i'd be more than happy to help) and then lean on the built motor.

Spending $10k to get something slightly more sophisticated is not a clever way of spending your money.

Comment

You sound like the voice of experience.
                      Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

You've got to get the fun to $$ ratio right..

Comment

Sell me vvti 1UZ for $500
                          use $500 for tune and a succulent chinese meal

Win at life

Comment

He doesnt actually need a new ecu, he just needs the ps2000 to read 8-5 cam position. There is nothing complex about the vvt 1uz.
                            David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                            You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                              He doesnt actually need a new ecu, he just needs the ps2000 to read 8-5 cam position. There is nothing complex about the vvt 1uz.
                              Ps2000 runs it now.. But Don't let that get in the way of a good rant and dummy spit
                              im a cunt
                              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Sketchy, and TT for the win along with Satay king prawns..........

Comment

Working...
                                X