Holden Ute

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunterbry tyres. Use a big straightedge and see if they'll fit. 17x9 and 17x7. Wish they did a 17x10.5 or 11 ($1000 custom made billet from the states painted the same and same centrecaps shipped if I do it).
    Originally posted by Bosshoggett
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

You should come and borrow my 235/60 15's on the convos or at least try them for fitment. just sayin.

Comment

Him or me Tim? (assume cracka given my car isn't exactly overpowering tyres )

Sell yours cheap cracka - backspace?
        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

cracka. i don't the nova to leak oil on my new driveway.

Comment

Car looks good on those rims, 11's is a pretty cool result gotta be happy with that, no doubt more to be had if you want it.
            meh

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
              cracka. i don't the nova to leak oil on my new driveway.
              A skilled bloke like you would sort those out easy though. :p
              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

So spent the day on this.

Cleaned a bunch of shit, found the coolant leak and tried to seal it - no workey, need to unbolt engine mount and jack the engine to access little welsh plug style bolt on plate thing to water jackets.

Did an oil change to drop out the oil that's been in it for a few weeks and maybe 500km, was very milk. Suspect it's had a watery tank of E85 in it, and the fact it was so rich it would of been filling the oil with the shit. I knew it was bad as average oil pressure has been dropping for the past week before wednesday's leaning out on cruise mission. Would drop down to 12-13psi at idle.
                Couldn't find delvac, so some penrite 15/40 semi syn diesel ftw. Happily back to 21psi at idle when warm. Glad I did it today and not wait a while more.

Now it's had a little exhaust leak for a long time. For months I've suspected it's been warped manifold. Never really cared about a tiny leak I could hear. Down at OKE20's shop tonight to sort it out, and whaddaknow... Flex joint is nearly fully parted but stays relatively closed with no exhaust manifold pressure, surprise.

Cut that cunt out, Scott migged on a braided flex joint (none of those springy ones were handy in the shop, so this one will probably part sometime after some abuse and be fixed properly later at skidfactory(tm) when it goes in for some little changes later on in the year); and wham...one scroll of the turbo now has manifold pressure actually doing something to spool this fucker up. Blew an intercooler hose off first time I got on the gas. Drove back to scotts and fixed that, and went playing.

So big thanks to Scott for lending me a hoist and doing some welding in the middle of tuning other peoples cars, really appreciate it.

Fuck it's fun now, comes on so hard compared to before. Will need to make the boost controller come on a bit earlier as it flew up to 19psi (dash gauge peak) and 18psi in 2nd/3rd now for a few secs until it's reigned in by the haltech instead of the easily controlled 15.5 like prior. First world problem to have. Now when you pin the throttle in 2nd at 60, by 70 it paints lines down the road instead of just ramping up and chirping a little.

Suspect that was where my mph was missing in the half track at willowbank. Might have to wait a few weeks to find out though.

Would of been nice to take a few pics, but phone was dead. Absolutely love Al's work in the manifolds and up pipe etc, so easy to access for sockets etc, overlapping flanges so a dab of gasket good seals it mint. Makes it a real pleasure to work on.

Thanks to Dale this morning it idles nice too, problems I was chasing weren't idle valve related as much as voltage drop affecting fueling at under idle rpm making it a cunt to fall back to idle. Various other little bits polishing the map up for me and it's getting better to drive with every day I have it. Prior I had the idle fuelling in open loop as it's the only way I could make it behave, now it's back to closed loop O2 and behaving really nice with some zero throttle timing added so it doesn't bog down to 600rpm when fans come on etc. Good fun to watch him at work on teamviewer and see how much faster it is to do shit when you know all the keyboard shortcuts in the haltech software :p

Bad points from today:
                Diff is leaking at the pinion carrier flange. I don't really want to unbolt it to fix without putting a truetrac in at the same time. Sort of want to give the diff a birthday with a set of seals, bearings, gears lapped, new center and ARP studs for cheap insurance.

Shifter is misbehaving, adjusted it, doesn't change a thing. Ratchet mechanism needs some eyes on it, may attack tomorrow so I can get it into 2nd/1st instead of hunting for it pulling the lever until it engages the dog to pull the cable. A new cable wouldnt hurt, covered in firesleeve, it's melted from touching the exhaust (fixed with zip tie) but rerouting it a little would be better plan along with a little insulation.

One fuel pump is loud/whining a little. I'm in two minds about that...Thinking I should pwm control them both equally. Hella do a nice neat normal blade fuse solid state relay, anyone played with them for controlling something as hungry as an 044? (http://www.hella.com/microsite-elect...l?rdeLocale=en).

Shifter being a yank thing has a perfect alignment of the bulb to my eyeballs when relaxed cruising at night. Will rip bulb out and stick a red LED in I suppose. Maybe a layer of tinted shit to dull it down if too bright.

High beam light on the speedhut speedo is too bright. Will get auto sparky to try a few resistors in that circuit to see if it can be made into just a dull blue light instead of bright blue lasers burning my retina.
                Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

it's not science dude.

it's just working the bugs out of a conversion. Keep on it.
                  Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Good one mate! chip away at it

Comment

It'd be super satisfying to getting all working like factory, nice one.
                      Originally posted by Mr Jones
                      Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Mine runs a a1000 pump I used a rubber isolater kit to shut it up so I wonder if you could do similar.
                        I know aeromotive have a speed controller that would work for a 044 so guessing they would be using similar components to the hella stuff.

Comment

Black texta will quell the glare from those lights. Old fart solution, repeat/recoat as necessary

Comment

Top work cracka - eat the elephant one bite at a time brother.
                            Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

International sales welcome - PM me for pricing.

Comment

first night out with issues does an 11. that's fucking awesome.
                              now paints lines rolling from 70?
                              do want.
                              '71 BMW 2002 - restoration
                              '14 Colorado 4x4 dual cab - reliability

Originally posted by Marv
                              my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle
                              :rotflol:

Comment

Jaycar SS relay will run an 044 no problem, there's a thread on here about them

Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                                1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Working...
                                X