Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid 11s with that launch is awesome.

Comment

Ute for sale.

PM for details and list of everything in it. Very well sorted.

Does not fit my goals and I am no longer car person.

$20k takes it. I'll deliver it free to anywhere on east coast of Australia happily
      Originally posted by Bosshoggett
      If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Lol, again?!
        Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by cracka View Post
          Ute for sale.

$20k takes it. I'll deliver it free to anywhere on east coast of Australia happily
          Is it Monday already?
          The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

Swaps for Stagea?
            David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
            You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by cracka View Post
              Ute for sale.

Wot. We need to do whis
              Originally posted by thebluerx7
              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Now for sale ASAP.

Need cash. PM offers or for full list of things done (everything possible but paint). No trades.

Will deliver anywhere on east coast of australia.
                If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

$5k TT lowball offer
                  you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Trading up for turbo Porsche?
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I'll buy it off you for $5k on the condition that you buy it back off me for $5k when you snap out of your current spot on the cracka mood scale.

Comment

$5001 ..

With TTs conditions
                        Originally posted by thebluerx7
                        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

nvm

Comment

Well done. You made it to the other side. Stay for longer this time bro.

Comment

A few updates:

Thrashed the fuck out of this for past 3 days. Fairly hard run up mount glorious has given the diff terminal illness. Suspect it's the rear pinion bearing allowing the pinion to climb a little as it only groans happens under load, correlated to speed and freewheels fine. Uni's look brand spankers. Might also be gearbox output shaft/yoke bearing but I doubt it somehow.

Overheated the gearbox a little ok said run, saw 110 on the gauge (pan temp). Not ideal, but it'll never ever work that hard again (6-8mins of hard load and high revs).

That said this thing has felt slow... Tried to rip a 2nd gear skid at 80 down the gateway with no success and just lots of noise. So I took it to the stables and added more horses. The lack of power from a few weeks back with leaky exhaust up pipe pre turbo liberated a good chunk of power in the low end, but it never felt strong up high for past few weeks.

To summarise. Changed plugs to iridium as I figured it can't hurt a few days ago. Ones in there were 0.8-0.86mm, same heat range as new ones. Set the new ones to 0.78 gap figuring that'll be mint. Looks like that wasn't enough as it was blowing the spark out on the dyno. Quick change to 0.5mm and free horses were added. 60 of them. Glad it's a ute and has space for many horses.

But then power was laying over in the top end compared to first tune. Fucking Houdini horses in this cunt of an engine... Used to hold 415hp to redline with 430 peak across about 3000rpm. So I wound the boost down to 12... Power didn't fall off. Exhaust valve springs are on the out obviously and blowing open in the top end. Doh.

They must be losing a little tension from being flogged for 2500 turbod km.

Big thanks to scotty(oke20) for the dyno time and letting me use his tools.

Downside of tonight was the green floor after dyno runs. There's a water gallery cover plate on the RHS beside the engine mount that's weeping fluid. FML. Have to remove engine mounts and jack the block up to access it. Cunt. Adding tap water is easier for a few months.

Plans for this have taken a significant change. Unless it lifts a head or blows a gasket I'm not touching it until I own a house and a shed. Once those exist in my life I'll pull the block, give it all a bit of TLC. If the diff gets any worse I'll have to fix that but would rather not.

Hope to get it down the track next month when I'm back from work and see if it's got 120mph in it.

Comment

Green coolant in a toyota wnb.
                                If in doubt power out

Comment

Working...
                                X