Holden Ute

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$500 gumtree donk, studs, gaskets, springs. 2 weekends and job done?

$3k tops?

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post

$3k tops?
      Smart like a fox.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Gotta keep the fun to cost ratio in check at all times.

Comment

$3k tops?
          Do this, get it running, enjoy & build a tougher engine whilst still being able to drive it - that way you won't rage quit coz it seems like it'll never be done.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post

$3k tops?
            If you don't do this, you really are out of your mind.
            They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

Comment

nah rip the engine out, and go all OCD on a rebuild i reckon
              caprice nugget.

Comment

Put a v12 in it.
                Originally posted by Mr Jones
                Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyrex View Post
                  Put a v12 in it.
                  Fuck you're original aren't you.

Muppet.
                  Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                  If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Originally posted by fat910 View Post
                    If you don't do this, you really are out of your mind.
                    Find me $3-500 1uz gumtree donk.

They dont exist.
                    They are all $900-1200.

And a $900 one has 31 buckets, a broken sump girdle from being dropped, one head off the engine in pieces, and everything that is unboltable removed (like fucked leaking PS pumps, or rat chewed water soaked starter motors and a $1-300 option each if you buy the engine.

The kind of people who deal in 1uz's now are the kind who would if 10 years younger dealt in BT1 RB30 parts, they're like drift faggots but even stupider.

Didnt I just sell a VVTI one for $500 complete and low kays? Where the fuck is the world when I want something cheap
                    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

I might know of one. I'll let you know.
                      caprice nugget.

Comment

I know of a cheap one as well that may still be available. PM ga70tt.

Comment

Originally posted by cracka View Post
                          Find me $3-500 1uz gumtree donk.

They dont exist.
                          They are all $900-1200.

And a $900 one has 31 buckets, a broken sump girdle from being dropped, one head off the engine in pieces, and everything that is unboltable removed (like fucked leaking PS pumps, or rat chewed water soaked starter motors and a $1-300 option each if you buy the engine.

The kind of people who deal in 1uz's now are the kind who would if 10 years younger dealt in BT1 RB30 parts, they're like drift faggots but even stupider.

Didnt I just sell a VVTI one for $500 complete and low kays? Where the fuck is the world when I want something cheap
                          Why does any of this shit matter if you already have a complete engine thats a bit bent? Go buy a complete LS400 for 8 dollars like Jon did and throw the rest in the bin or part for scrap. Less OCD excuses, more direction on cheap skids.

Also, last time I checked Scotty had three under his bench and Az has almost a complete one in pieces. Not seeing a major issue here.

Comment

2 second gumtree trawl

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/beaud...on-/1047487717 $2.5k negotiable coupe in Ipswich, lowball to fuck, drive home.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/under...ter/1040188328 Low km motor Woodridge $1200 waiting for a lowball

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
                              2 second gumtree trawl

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/beaud...on-/1047487717 $2.5k negotiable coupe in Ipswich, lowball to fuck, drive home.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/under...ter/1040188328 Low km motor Woodridge $1200 waiting for a lowball
                              I dont see a 3-500$ UZ in those links.

It's irrelevent anyway.

Whole fucking ute is fucked.

Turns out the diff whine is infact every single component of the 9" diff being fucked except the housing.

New Centre
                              New CW&P
                              New Shafts...yes, even the shafts are both fucked.
                              New Bearings
                              New Uni
                              New input shaft
                              New Seals
                              New fucking everything. Then chances are the housing will be fucked and I'll spend $2k on that too.

Fucking cunt fucking fuck fuck fuck. I fucking hate this cunt of a fucking car. There goes another $3k for the privelege of the 1200km it's been driven in total ever in it's life with over 250 horsepower.

Seriously someone give me a low ball, you might be surprised right now.

Comment

Close thread till tomorrow?
                                caprice nugget.

Comment

Working...
                                X