Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Budget Build IS300

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much you want for the old donk?

Comment

Depending on the trans type I would lean towards using the GE ecu with a haltech controlling ignition and injection. Skinny rods in GE always leave you worrying and failure, GTE is good investment.
      David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
      You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
        awesome. so jelous.
        +1 Will be an awesome thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
          Depending on the trans type I would lean towards using the GE ecu with a haltech controlling ignition and injection. Skinny rods in GE always leave you worrying and failure, GTE is good investment.
          This is the main reason for going the GTE, just that security. I may be a masochist but I like the idea of doing the swap and quite enjoyed doing it on my MA70 to JZA70 conversion.

Hugh: Fucked if I know yet, will be a while before the GE even leaves the IS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Yeah he is asking 17k for it. While it is rad, I'm not doing this for the outcome, I like the journey and trying to stick to a budget is a good challenge.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
            Fair enough.
            Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
            particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Man that is cool, half cut is redic cheap!
              www.prerunner.com.au
              - Facebook
              - Instagram

Comment

This is in no way as simple as the jza70 swap, or ANY Toyota swap for that matter. There are lots of ways that the is200/300 is a real pita to convert.

Worth it in the end though. I drove mine today for the first time in a few weeks, makes me smile every time!

Comment

Originally posted by yojimbo View Post
                  This is in no way as simple as the jza70 swap, or ANY Toyota swap for that matter. There are lots of ways that the is200/300 is a real pita to convert.

Worth it in the end though. I drove mine today for the first time in a few weeks, makes me smile every time!
                  Are you able to elaborate?

Comment

The VVT version of the GE has the toy rods common in later Toyotas. Not for turbocharging, kids!

Once Nick gets the car home we'll go over it and Give it a good going over. I'll also start getting the engine out of the halfcut early next week.

Nick thinks he is keeping the twins, but is mistaken.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by 350stato
                    100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Keep the twins? Nigger please.
                      David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                      You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Hehe yeah I'm a fool for that thought.

Comment

The IS300 has a non return fuel system with integrated pump and non rising rate reg in the tank. You will need to add lines and make (or buy $$$) a pump hanger to sort this out. Also getting the dash to work can be a pita. Even just an accurate display of fuel level in the tank takes a bit of tomfoolery. I still can't get my coolant temp gauge to work within the proper scale ( haven't tried since the ecu upgrade).

Twin turbos will foul on clutch master cylinder.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eTJqBRwX0

This is my is200 for reference. All done at home. Tuned by Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by yojimbo View Post
                              The IS300 has a non return fuel system with integrated pump and non rising rate reg in the tank. You will need to add lines and make (or buy $$$) a pump hanger to sort this out. Also getting the dash to work can be a pita. Even just an accurate display of fuel level in the tank takes a bit of tomfoolery. I still can't get my coolant temp gauge to work within the proper scale ( haven't tried since the ecu upgrade).

Twin turbos will foul on clutch master cylinder.
                              This is why I am happy with my mildly turbocharged 1GFE with factory ECU and E-Manage Ultimate. Everything just works as it should even if it ain't that fast. I guess I'm getting old.

Comment

Love the idea of the aristo swap, but would 1UZ be an easier conversion ?
                                VT, VH & C43

Comment

Working...
                                X