Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget Build IS300

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    So spent the morning washing clay barring and then a polish. Got rid of some light scratches but the paint really needs a good cut and polish with a orbital to have any good results. Will look at getting it resprayed in the next couple of years.



    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #47
      awesome project, Link have figured out the body comms stuff now so their ECU's have a fully functioning dash/climate control etc.... something to keep in mind when you get a V161

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by darwinschops View Post
        as much as a uz would be awesome, jz makes a lot more sense. Stuggling to think of a better cheap, newish, half decent project base than these, awesome cars just begging for more power.
        rx8

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
          awesome project, Link have figured out the body comms stuff now so their ECU's have a fully functioning dash/climate control etc.... something to keep in mind when you get a V161
          hmmm interdasting..

          Comment


            #50
            Oh Al, here is the build plate.

            Looks like a A650E slush box, which is the 5-Speed auto.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20140413_143120s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	6587127


            The JZS161 I have has the 4-speed A340E (guess the 4 speed can cope with the torque), the non-turbo Aristo came with the A650E too.

            So it looks like I will be loosing a gear int he swap. But figured I'll gain a couple back down the road anyway.

            Comment


              #51
              Or just run the a650 and a piggyback link atom/ps500 or something?
              Originally posted by Bosshoggett
              If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

              Comment


                #52
                Awesome man, you should buy these awesome BBS LM I have


                Also, I did this headache conversion (Similar) back in 02 -- (1JZ)
                Originally posted by The Property Guru
                don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                Originally posted by oxy
                No, that's asians
                A80 Supra
                80 Landcruiser

                Comment


                  #53
                  well you know where theres a 6 speed if you want one, 2 infact
                  https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I'm waiting for old mate to soften on LS IS200 so I can lowball him
                    Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

                    Originally Posted by Stang:
                    particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Yes< i have a 6 speed available too haha.
                      Originally posted by The Property Guru
                      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                      Originally posted by oxy
                      No, that's asians
                      A80 Supra
                      80 Landcruiser

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by cracka View Post
                        Or just run the a650 and a piggyback link atom/ps500 or something?
                        Yeah will have a think. But the 650 is a unknown, more than likely need to be modded to have gte powers. Must be a good reason they didn't use them on the turbo Aristo.

                        Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                        Awesome man, you should buy these awesome BBS LM I have


                        Also, I did this headache conversion (Similar) back in 02 -- (1JZ)
                        Those LMs are great. Big fan. Always was a big fan of your IS too.


                        Originally posted by Rz View Post
                        well you know where theres a 6 speed if you want one, 2 infact
                        Yep, I wish I could do it straight away. Bloody family and taking all my moneys! Lol

                        Originally posted by JayTHEFordman View Post
                        I'm waiting for old mate to soften on LS IS200 so I can lowball him
                        I think you could low ball him now. The LS1 has had some parts thrown at it. He has had it for sale for a while now. Not sure why he wants a EVO. .


                        Well getting the shitter qld regoed today.



                        Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Rz View Post
                          well you know where theres a 6 speed if you want one, 2 infact


                          1000 cash, take my money, lets do it.
                          www.prerunner.com.au
                          - Facebook
                          - Instagram

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by JayTHEFordman View Post
                            I'm waiting for old mate to soften on LS IS200 so I can lowball him
                            On gumtree for 'best offer'...
                            VT, VH & C43

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by perthdrivers.jpg View Post
                              Hate the interior and dash - yuk!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by exwrxex View Post
                                On gumtree for 'best offer'...
                                oooh, may just do that.

                                Its always a little awkward being in the Oil business, overseas, and talking to people on Gumtree. You get the picture.
                                Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

                                Originally Posted by Stang:
                                particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X