Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thing...awesome skid machine. Well done

Comment

Now that the car is rego'd i've had the opportunity to do some "testing"

With the 255 et's on 20psi, It's pretty much a peddle fest trying to find some traction till about 160kmh then i can feed the power in. For the power its making on the dyno, it top ends cars of similar dyno racing numbers like they backed off.

Need to work out how to put some more power down early on and i dare say it'd be a hard car to beat, any suggestions without the adjustability of a propper 4 link, i know a few fast VL guys read this thread occasionally.

Need to test on a 28x9. It should soften things about a bit and make it nore forgiving to peddle.

Comment

Adj upper control arms in rear, nose down 2 deg's. Few buddies had great success with proper anti-roll bars
        Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

275/60/15 ets on an untubbed VL. Sort of fits
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20150616_134838.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	6596122

Comment

Good effort to get that under there.
            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

The lower shock mount had to be moved inwards 5mm on the diff, rear bumper and inner lip had to trimmed, wheels have to be 8", 3 3/8 BS not 3.5" BS like before for an extra 2mm clearance... Yes its tight but it tucks tyre :D

I might swap springs out for something about 1/2" taller, scab a small spring assist bag off one of my 4x4 mates and go have a run in 100% street trim at the end of the month. Would love to see a mid 9.

Comment

To get a 275 under my old vn I had to split the tub and move it in towards he rail. Your way sounds easier!
                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                  To get a 275 under my old vn I had to split the tub and move it in towards he rail. Your way sounds easier!
                  don't forget the heavy handed use of the bashometer, i didn't mention it because i assumed it was a given

Comment

the old bashometer commodores love it.

Comment

What a squeeze indeed! Let the good times tumble

Comment

Sick project Dimi, love it.
                        Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Comment

Tried the thicker pedders spring seats? Could get an inch there..

Comment

you tapped the inner skin on the lip to gain an inch?

275 is possible untubbed even superlow, u need all the tricks though
                            Originally posted by 50RTD
                            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by race6.3l View Post
                              Tried the thicker pedders spring seats? Could get an inch there..
                              Didn't even know they existed? got a picture.
                              I'm just waiting to hear back from king on aprox rates of VL wagon and VS ute springs before i order something, I need something a bit heavier in the back that what is in there now.

Originally posted by dogsballs View Post
                              you tapped the inner skin on the lip to gain an inch?

275 is possible untubbed even superlow, u need all the tricks though
                              Nope the double skin is untouched, the guards aren't even rolled :p

Comment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/47300-Nol...item541e38e921

Comment

Working...
                                X