Toyota MR2 AW11 9A-GTE project - the faildub

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, look forward to further progress and future updates.
    Mallala Motorsport Park - 1:11.71 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY85CK31if8
    Wakefield Park Raceway - 1:05.31 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PREI-jK4L98
    Mt. Alma Mile Hill Climb - 41.67 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmaG8jn3Tw

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
      Fuck yeah, sik little rig! I have always had a soft spot for AW11's. I imagine you're using the MRP 9A kit? Apparently it is good, can handle lots of boost and make lots of power. There is also a guy here in Australia who does a 9A stroker kit.

Will follow with great interest
      Yeah using the MRP 9A kit with pretty much every option except dry sump (cos fuck plumbing that system in an AW11!)

Basic rundown:
      MRP 1.9L stroker kit
      - 4340 stroker crank
      - Billet I beam rods
      - CP pistons, 8.8:1 (iirc, it's been a while) with ceramic coated domes and anti friction coated skirts

Supporting mods include
      Billet crank girdle
      Moroso baffled/winged sump
      Oil squirters from a smallport onwards 4AGE
      Toda billet oil pump gears
      Blacktop head
      Supertech valvesprings
      BHJ harmonic balancer
      custom alternator bracket and water outlet to suit
      top feed fuel rail
      ID2000CC injectors
      ACL race bearings
      MRP inlet plenum
      ARP oversize headstuds (11mm iirc)
      ARP mains and rods
      Equal length 4-1 merge collector manifold made by haks at performance exhaust
      Garrett GTX3071R
      Tial MVS38 external gate
      PWR water to oil cooler
      Tilton twinplate clutch
      Adaptronic 440 select ecu
      Race technology dash and datalogger
      and whatever else I have forgotten...

atm to complete the motor I need a head gasket (still tossing up options), engine seal kit, timing belt/water pump kits and not much else. just time....

For the rest of the car, the main stuff I still need to get is the remainder of the fuel system, being an Aeromotive stealth 340, associated fuel filter and reg, a flex fuel sensor, and then I need to mod the tank and run lines to suit.

Bazda from MRP made 410kw on 28psi on a hub dyno in NZ. Make of that what you will.. Either way, it should be fast enough to scare me. I have some kumho S700 slicks that have been waiting a fair while to have a go at keeping the thing under control. We will see....

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
      I like how you're on your second body and third engine but it's still the same car.

Interested to see how you go with the MRP kit, I think I need one for my future ITB/NA build. Hopefully it results in less fire!
      It still gives me grief just like the first "iteration" did, so to me it's the same headfuck of a car It essentially has all the bits from the old shell too. And constantly referring to old shell/new shell is too annoying. So as far as I'm concerned this is all one continuum

Also, the car has caught fire 4 times. Twice from a dodgy sandwich plate, once from a failed turbo feed line, and once from failed oil cooler lines. Less fire would definitely be ideal
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
      The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

glad you brought the build over here. loved reading the bits and pieces of it when i was occasionally on toymods.

new motor sound fucking epic.
        Originally posted by Rdyno
        70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
        Originally posted by Tripper
        Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

btw.. pf requires noods of the chick in the background..

Originally posted by Rdyno
          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
          Originally posted by Tripper
          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

fookin win dude!!
            RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
            06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

Nice. Always had a soft spot for these things.
              Originally posted by jmac
              ... he may have seen one of the signs of the apocalypse - 4 horsemen, fwd transmission, pestilence etc??

Comment

Fuck off and take your fail elsewhere cunt

Just kidding.

No but really, you're a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                  Yeah using the MRP 9A kit with pretty much every option except dry sump (cos fuck plumbing that system in an AW11!)

Basic rundown:
                  MRP 1.9L stroker kit
                  - 4340 stroker crank
                  - Billet I beam rods
                  - CP pistons, 8.8:1 (iirc, it's been a while) with ceramic coated domes and anti friction coated skirts

Supporting mods include
                  Billet crank girdle
                  Moroso baffled/winged sump
                  Oil squirters from a smallport onwards 4AGE
                  Toda billet oil pump gears
                  Blacktop head
                  Supertech valvesprings
                  BHJ harmonic balancer
                  custom alternator bracket and water outlet to suit
                  top feed fuel rail
                  ID2000CC injectors
                  ACL race bearings
                  MRP inlet plenum
                  ARP oversize headstuds (11mm iirc)
                  ARP mains and rods
                  Equal length 4-1 merge collector manifold made by haks at performance exhaust
                  Garrett GTX3071R
                  Tial MVS38 external gate
                  PWR water to oil cooler
                  Tilton twinplate clutch
                  Adaptronic 440 select ecu
                  Race technology dash and datalogger
                  and whatever else I have forgotten...

atm to complete the motor I need a head gasket (still tossing up options), engine seal kit, timing belt/water pump kits and not much else. just time....

For the rest of the car, the main stuff I still need to get is the remainder of the fuel system, being an Aeromotive stealth 340, associated fuel filter and reg, a flex fuel sensor, and then I need to mod the tank and run lines to suit.

Bazda from MRP made 410kw on 28psi on a hub dyno in NZ. Make of that what you will.. Either way, it should be fast enough to scare me. I have some kumho S700 slicks that have been waiting a fair while to have a go at keeping the thing under control. We will see....

It still gives me grief just like the first "iteration" did, so to me it's the same headfuck of a car It essentially has all the bits from the old shell too. And constantly referring to old shell/new shell is too annoying. So as far as I'm concerned this is all one continuum

Also, the car has caught fire 4 times. Twice from a dodgy sandwich plate, once from a failed turbo feed line, and once from failed oil cooler lines. Less fire would definitely be ideal
                  Fuck yeah, that's a serious build!! It's definitely going to be a handful when all together.

Mr Purple, you definitely should go a 9A for high comp and ITB build!! MRP also on a 5A 1.8 stroker for 4A block.

Comment

Less fire would definitely be ideal
                    As much as I would like to lightheartedly suggest otherwise, I just can't do it after seeing that parts list..

Comment

if it happens again i'll push the car down a ravine and go buy an elise and erase the memory of the adub from my mind

also Ben: EADC

Comment

Originally posted by MRGREATWALLMAN View Post
                        glad you brought the build over here. loved reading the bits and pieces of it when i was occasionally on toymods.

new motor sound fucking epic.
                        this
                        Originally posted by zammo
                        I'm the retard with the cockroach in my ear.

Comment

Yeah those wheels and engine in this thing are full of win!
                          Originally posted by S
                          I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

atm to complete the motor I need a head gasket (still tossing up options)
                            I told you cunt, Cometic MLS. You know my engine works brilliantly with one so do it.
                            Also, the car has caught fire 14 times. Twice from a dodgy sandwich plate, once from a failed turbo feed line, and once from failed oil cooler lines. Less fire would definitely be ideal
                            Fixed.

Comment

^ hocker? stfu and go back to driving 2000gts in japan you cunt

anyways was all set to get the car back on the road last week and BAM! spacers for the rear brake upgrade dont fit under the rotor hats. no big deal, just get them machined down. ok, sorted that, then go to bleed the clutch and BAM! clutch master cylinder is dead....

this is the third clutch master cylinder in 12 months....

THIS IS WHY THE CAR IS CALLED THE FAILDUB!!! GRRRHNAAAAAAAAAARGGHH

anyways, got ANOTHER new clutch master on its way now. car should be back on the road by next weekend.

also got the last of my shit coming over from bazda atm. have submitted a quote to amayama for the few little odds and ends i need from toyota for the new motor. fingers crossed i should have the 9A built in a couple months :D

Comment

Yah, does it really make you that mad that I was in the 2000GT at Toyota history museum?

Comment

Working...
                                X