Toyota MR2 AW11 9A-GTE project - the faildub

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGI halfcage? Which coilovers ya gettin'?

Comment

Getting some BC-RM inverted strut units, and the cage is being done by OrangeLJ - if you remember him from the twincam.org days
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
      The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Hello Friend!

it was hot as fuck that day, but im glad we got the engine back in the hole when we did. hopefully I can get it running before I head off for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
          Getting some BC-RM inverted strut units, and the cage is being done by OrangeLJ - if you remember him from the twincam.org days
          Sweet and shirley do! Blast from the past! Bolt in or proper bigboy weld-in cage?

Comment

nah just bolt in half cage, so i can still keep the car regoed

Comment

do you notice the sound of the ITBs despite the turbo set up?
              '84 Supra 7MGTE
              '86 Supra 2JZGE track
              '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
              '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
              Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

yeah it's quite noticeable, even in videos. prob easiest to hear it in the motorkhanas rather than circuit runs, as the dorp is most noticeable in the midrange:

edit; fuck i forgot how good this run was haha. was pedalling the car hard and getting plenty sideways, which is a challenge in an adub

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                  yeah it's quite noticeable, even in videos. prob easiest to hear it in the motorkhanas rather than circuit runs, as the dorp is most noticeable in the midrange:

edit; fuck i forgot how good this run was haha. was pedalling the car hard and getting plenty sideways, which is a challenge in an adub
                  Looks fun! I've entered a turbo aw11 in a motorkhana this weekend. It feels like it will be tricky to drive fast with a light front end and useless handbrake.

Comment

it is. i focus on timing my throttle lift-off and turn-in to try and get the weight to shift forwards at the right time. if you get it right you get those nice pivot moments you see in the video above. if you get it wrong you end up with brutal brutal understeer, followed by snap oversteer if you are ham fisted and dial on tons of lock through the understeer and then stick the boot in.

they turn in real real nice tho when you get it right

edit; who owns the adub?

Comment

The aw11 is my brother's. Smallport gze with hks gt2510, 18psi, w/a. Feels faster than my 300kw datsun 1600 to 5000rpm (probably is lol). Thanks for the tips. I reckon understeer followed by spinning out will be the order of the day!

Comment

Yeah nice, sounds like it would be making in the high 100rwkw range, with good response. would be better in khanas than my thing haha

oh also you can use the handbrake, i just choose not to as they have a habit of snapping cables and dont work particularly well anyway, but YMMV

Comment

Yep I reckon 160-180kw. Handbrake functions fine as a handbrake but wont lock a rolling wheel. I'd rather not ruin the handbrake on someone elses car so I won't try it lol.

Comment

Race exhaust has been modified to fit again Half cage is next!

Comment

Do you have recommended wheel alignment settings for handling but not deadly on a mountain run?

Comment

depends on your tyres and suspension and whatnot but, assuming decent street tyres or semis and standard struts, something along the lines of this:

max caster
                                max negative camber front (generally tops out around 1.5-2 degrees), -1.5deg rear
                                1-2mm total toe out front
                                1-2mm total toe in rear

Comment

Working...
                                X