Toyota MR2 AW11 9A-GTE project - the faildub

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adub is up and running pretty nicely now. Cold start enrichment is all set up and seems to be working well, haven't had any super cold days lately but even from dead cold the car starts up straight away. Idle motor is working properly too, got a nice cold idle at 1600rpm, dropping to 800rpm when warm. No MAP signal for the ecu so just running an accelerator pump instead of predicted map. It's a bit shit compared to the predicted MAP feature, but it works ok and has helped a lot with the engine hesitating on large throttle transients.

Just gotta set the timing now. Was getting backfires out of the intake, then looked at the dizzy and it's advanced all the way. NFI how the engine even ran when it was on the stock ecu! Let alone ran smoothly.... will get a timing light on it tonight and hopefully have it running real smooth very soon Still need to hook up the wideband to adjust the fuel as well, but the 20v base map off the adaptronic forums doesnt seem to be *too* bad as it is anyway, just very rich...
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

What model Adaptronic did you get?

Comment

440 select. Have had it for years though. Was running the old shell when it was turbo. Most of the shit on the car is reused from the previous build on my old shell

Comment

Ah yeah, fair enough

Comment

Fixed the timing now, was advanced to the absolute max, must've been running like 25 deg base timing LOL. Even on the base tune the car drives really well now. Them stock ecus certainly leave a lot of power on the table! Will spend the next week or two wiring in the race dash and wideband so that I can go tune it

Also a pic from the toymods monthly meet last night

Comment

Bet that NSX wishes it had adub handling..

Comment

How did the NSX end up there?

I'm disappointed, no fire for three pages! Looking great though!

Comment

He is the owner of Ed's old mental JZA80.

And I try to avoid fire these days

Comment

Jeesus, that NSX and the psychotic NA UZA80..!?

Wtf am I doing with my life man..

Comment

Not much left now!

BT20v engine seal kit, oil pump, VVT solenoid and timing belt tensioner pulley (not pictured)

MRP Fuel rail kit, 20V coil on plug adapter plate, BT20v manual timing belt tensioner and cometic 1mm head gasket

Just waiting on water pump and timing belt, and some cam covers and then it will be off to get built! :D :D :D Still need to get the fuel pump/filter and reg and get the tank modded for all that BS, but I don't need that shit done to have the engine built anyway..

Will tackle installing the dash this week, hopefully I can get it done before toyotafest

Comment

Wsid on the 8th?

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                          Still need to get the fuel pump/filter and reg and get the tank modded for all that BS,

Comment

get out

Comment

But I thought the projections for the 9A were 1003hp..?

Comment

Full boost at 8400rpm rev limit will be set at 8600rpm.

Comment

Working...
                                X