Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My panelvan is a piece of shit so I'm making my own but with blackjack and hookers.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you need trim?

Comment

Originally posted by Skompa View Post
      Well the plan originally was 1J and t56 but I'm going for actually finishing this one so keeping it simple for now. Will have a spare 400 when I buy a crate motor for the yacht so that's always an option too.
      If it was me I would get it running with what you have lying about that bolts in with no mods or hassles. If you start going 1J or LS it becomes too daunting trying to do everything etc. if you throw the 179 in at least and you will have half a chance at getting it roadworthy in a much shorter time frame

I would prefer to see it with a V8 in there though haha.

Comment

"Roadworthy"

Comment

Originally posted by afraid View Post
          "Roadworthy"
          I have seen worse cars on club reg!

Comment

Lel
            caprice nugget.

Comment

Needs a V8, grab a VN 304 & trans (early ones don't need computer for trans) from gumtree for $500 & slap a dirty old holley & cheap ebay intake on it, bosch HEI dizzy & second hand headers.
              You could sell the 179 & cover most of the cost - dumb cunts will pay $$ for a nice 179 & 5 speed, dunno why.

304 bolts straight in, gets the 'right' motor in it, is cheap & gives a nice basis for a decent engine in the future.

If you need engine mounts, sump & pickup for 304 into HQ hit me up, got plenty laying around, may even have a bosch HEI.

Comment

PS - if you go 304 & rego with the later engine with carb fitted is a hassle I *may* have a solution, but can't post it on a public forum - PM for info.

Comment

If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.
                  caprice nugget.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_20.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	6596257

I do actually own this 5 litre piece of shit but it has the typical fun 5L problem of oil light disco.
                    Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Comment

Oil light disco is easy fix, it'll be a clogged pickup, which needs to be changed to dump er in a HQ anyway.
                      Also worth pulling the oil pump apart & cleaning the relief valve etc & reassembling packed with moly lube so it primes up quick.

Comment

haha

TK suggests VN V8, Skompa already owns entire VN - love it

Comment

Skompa has this building cars thing down pat---keeps his own parts yard out back!

Comment

I bought it to put the 4 speed in the caprice and then never got to drive it to figure out if the auto was any good so it has just been sitting there.

Figured it was just the pickup but it hasn't been high on my priorities list. Cheers man!
                            Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Xnke View Post
                              Skompa has this building cars thing down pat---keeps his own parts yard out back!
                              Ha! problem solved, has V8 VN donor car already in stock.

Just use that then, will be much more rewarding than the 179 nugget

Comment

Will go the same but have V8 sound effects :D
                                Originally posted by RVK 355
                                Hold it flat cunt

Comment

Working...
                                X