Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers TCR,

Was on yokie 050ís. Track felt like it was offering heaps of grip and the setup change seemed to really balance the car. Was carrry corner speed much better without understeer. Very keen to get back out there. Was a really engaging track.

Good pick on the circuit Gamma. It ainít pretty but was purpose built for Laguna. I have been out to the exhaust shop. Static test showed well over 100db at 6000 rpm. So we are going for ovalised stainless steel muffs with an offset pipe through them. Plan to have it sorted by the PCQ trackday later in June and will see if that sorts it. If that fails it will be angled tips away from the meter and worst case some baffles in the tips. Trying to not lose hp if I can avoid it.

Comment

A couple off fly buys captured by Tim the Photog. It does sing a good song but might be a touch loud. Hopefully the new muffs sort it. Be nice to do more than a handful of laps.

Comment

Cracking time for a scouting session.

I run a v band on the tail pipe with a droopy tip. That way I can adjust the angle the tailpipe goes out on.
        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Cheers Guido,

I reckon we might look into the adjustable tip. Have them normal for day to day and then swivel them away from the sound meter for Lakeside. Might put a bit more downward droop on them as well. Wish I got a pic of the 33 GTR. I think it had HI PSI on the plate. It was full bosozuko spec. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
            That could have been done a lot nicer - run the first muffler out to each side, 180, muffler back to middle, centre exit. But I guess the sound meter is on the outside of Laguna seca.

Track day in July last year. All the Porsche's were running them.

A 59 on debut at Lakeside is pretty damn impressive.
            The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Cheers Cal,

Yeah that was the kind of thing on the GTR. I reckon I will go with guidos suggestion, V band the tips and maybe do some Lakeside specials and then just normal ones. Try the normal ones and if they fail swap on the others so I have half a chance of staying out on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
                A couple off fly buys captured by Tim the Photog. It does sing a good song but might be a touch loud. Hopefully the new muffs sort it. Be nice to do more than a handful of laps.

Far out, nowonder they sent you home!
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

My set up.
                  Attached Files

My Italian 510

Comment

Yep, that'll be enough to set off the meters
                    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                    2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                    2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Yeah,

We donít have any sound restrictions on any circuits in WA so itís not something I have had to consider. And itís respectable driving at normal road speeds. Just not so much when up it apparently. 😁.

Thanks for the pic Guido. Will pass on to the exhaust fabricator if thatís ok? That looks like it will work a treat.

Comment

All good.

My Italian 510

Comment

Damn I managed a 59.5 on my first visit. Gutted I moved away we could have had great races!

Comment

Thatís a decent time. Some track battles would have been epic. Some of my most fun days at the track have been having unsanctioned non serious track battles. Always interesting to see where different cars that set similar lap times make their time.

So just read through all the Supp regs for Noosa. Not something I always do to be honest but as a first timer I thought it might be a good idea. Spied that there is a 95db limit. Bit of an ďah fuckĒ moment as the new muffs wonít be ready for the weekend. Rang the event secretary and thankfully he seems to feel the car will be fine and itís not as stringent as Lakeside and they test at a much longer range. Phew. Fair bit of effort to only get one run and get sent home again. If any PF cunce are about come say hi. Is typically a fair bit of sitting around waiting.

Comment

I was going to have a crack at Noosa this year, but for some reason that event always just pops up without prior notice. I've found and followed their FB page now, so hopefully get my shit in order for next year.
                              The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

You can also do the hrcc event in November if you only want to wait 5 months instead of 12 months Cal.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X