Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah George,

The lakeside tips are fugly, but super keen to do more laps there and did spy a number of treatments like this. Wish I had grabbed some pics. Far less subtle than my effort. The track managers donít seem to care. As long as you are under the measured limit, it doesnít seem to matter how you get there.

PXL, I was told when I was there they are off to the left hand side of the track at Hungry as you go up the rise. But if I have it wrong they are v banded so will swivel. There is a decent chance the muffs alone would have got the job done but donít want to take any chances.

Comment

Sound like they have moved them then.

If worse comes to worse and the have one each side at least you can cross the tips over .... Would look really shit though....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

The TimeAttack officials really banged on about becoming increasingly strict on noise limits on Saturday just gone. They mentioned it might even be dropped to 85 dB in the near future to try keep the track open.

Apparently, old mate used to be involved in grassroots Motorsport but has grown tired of the noise over time. QR are erecting noise barriers, hopefully it works as Lakeside is an incredible track, even to the beginner.
        "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Great stuff. Iíve just entered for Sunday too so Iíll see you there.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Just re watched vid. Love how you have to use a bit of oppo before the first corner
            This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Comment

PXL, not sure. All will be revealed Sunday I guess. As you say, options there to fine tune if I don't get the result I need.

Cliffs, 85dB will not be a great outcome. Each reduction in dB takes a quantum leap in baffling in the exhaust apparently. Glad to hear they are looking to actually build some other sound controls. Its a cracking track. Would be a real shame to lose the asset. Not sure there are many people out there putting their nuts on the block to build new ones if this one goes. with all the media harping on about hoons, you think there would be some weight and govco support behind having legit off street outlets.

Nice on Guido. What are you driving? will keep an eye out and come say hi. Porsche club are running a couple of groups so i will be rolling with those wankers

Monza, it was as slippery as a butchers prick in some parts. the old VW normally struggles to turn the rear tyres. Will upload a slightly drier run at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
                Nice on Guido. What are you driving? will keep an eye out and come say hi. Porsche club are running a couple of groups so i will be rolling with those wankers
                I'll be out there in a blue NB MX5.
                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

^^^ Roger. Should be easy to spot.

Bit of in car from a slightly drier run. The increased grip meant many of the slower corner went from second to 3rd gear corners which kind of threw anything I learnt in the wet out the window. Hopefully get back there in November and chase a flat or sub 60 sec run. Will be a stretch, but if its dry and I start to put it all together its something to shoot for.

Comment

Fuck you punt this thing hard!
                    Epic noises too.

Comment

Nice work!
                      2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                      2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                      2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

it's really more of a descent than a climb isn't it
                        This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Comment

Good stuff!
                          Motorsport is a disease, where poverty is the only cure
                          The ego writes cheques that skill can't cash - DJ

Comment

Cheers Fellas,

Really starting to bond with the old girl.

Originally posted by Monza View Post
                            it's really more of a descent than a climb isn't it
                            Monza. I have pedalled my tredly up it a few times. Itís most definitely a decent hill climb upwards. Just checked cycling data. Around 5% average grade. I think the wide angle camera distorts the inclination and the radius of the curves. Itís pretty tight in places.

Comment

Nice wheel work as usual old mate.

Comment

Needs a STI RA quick rack.
                                2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                                2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                                I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Working...
                                X