Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take that being able to see out the back is not a high priority!
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Obviously set up for driving in Asia, you certainly don't look behind you here....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

One of those rear view mirrors with a screen in it will solve that.

This sort of thing https://www.cesdeals.com/product/10i...FU0OKwoda7AAvw
        Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
        Originally posted by nutttr
        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

hadn't really thought about it tbh. the rear view is pretty fucked by the motor cover. camera and display an idea, but depending on what i end up using the car for, might not be necessary

im getting longer stalks for the side mirrors, maybe that will be enough

/optimism
          Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
          "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

That's not much worse than a standard supercharged Exige. For some reason they have a factory fitted rear vision mirror but all you can see is the intercooler. That wing is a little bit wider than current V6 Exige 410s and 430s but not a huge amount.

Lifting the wing up a few inches will make it more effective and you may not need it to be so wide. Also make sure the wing supports go all the way down to the rear subframe/chassis.
            If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

position as mentioned is a bit of a test of the diffuser, not just the wing... so at least at first I'm keen run it low, and do some testing and flow visualisation. easy fix to run it higher. and I've got a second smaller chord to run as a second element low for the diffuser alone, but yeah, first off single element, keep it simple.

wing mounts:

Mit freundlichen Gre

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

made an MDF box for the foam core parts. was starting to get paranoid about busting it. alloy endplates are cadded up, and ill chat to the laser cutter tomorrow. vac gear is ready, new roll of 240gsm twill is ready. bring it on!

and also got around to cutting and shutting an OEM rollbar cover/fascia to the GT3 clam. I've mounted the clam at a slightly lower angle, and due to sundry other tiny alignment errors all adding up at the end, the fucking thing never really sat right at the front. now i really want to get the roof on and finished, but that means the back needs to be finished. so digits extractus, time to get shit done

Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

"Cool."
                  Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                    "Cool."
                    I cam here to say this!! :rotflol:

Comment

Scrubbed up ok

Ridiculous amount of work altogether tho. Note to self: dont ever break this.

Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

You'd probably find plain weave easier to lay straight than Twill FWIW.
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

The laying up was the least work. Fucking mould/buck making, prep work etc. only to destroy it, and spend the next week cleaning the part of mould debris and fixing the surface finish. fuck that shit
                          Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Underbody

And stealing an idea from the v12 thread... got me one of these pumps from alibaba for the gearbox

Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                              Underbody

And stealing an idea from the v12 thread... got me one of these pumps from alibaba for the gearbox

Nice, interested in how the pump goes.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget
                              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                                I take that being able to see out the back is not a high priority!
                                Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                                One of those rear view mirrors with a screen in it will solve that.
                                so following through on ^^^^ this

bought myself a $30 chinabay wifi reversing camera. actually pretty cool. small, self-contained wifi network, basically has flylead 12v power wires, that's about it. hooked up the power, fucked around trying get an app that worked reliable (v-car app for what its worth)

makes life a whole lot simpler when the dash is already an android tablet

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HD-120-1...sAAOSwNndcpX0D
                                Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Working...
                                X