Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this looks perfect for me. any recommendations on where to get one? sick of dealing with local suppliers with no stock. mirco a decent brand? cheers

Comment

Google it I guess? Seem to be made in the uk, so just see if any of the uk sellers will ship os?
      Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
      "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Angle grinder, mr seat. Mr seat, meet angle grinder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	6601498
        Mit freundlichen Gre

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by the big fist View Post
          this looks perfect for me. any recommendations on where to get one? sick of dealing with local suppliers with no stock. mirco a decent brand? cheers
          Velo apex XL will fit you perfectly for those dimensions... will be available locally in Aus as well

Comment

Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	6601511

Size:	954.4 KB
ID:	6601512

Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	6601513
            Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

getting into that is going to be fun once there are doors and steering wheel! might have to pop the roof and slide in batman style!
              Originally posted by ALLMTR
              the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

weld the doors shut - dukes of hazard.

Or more practically, removable steering wheel......
                Originally posted by thebluerx7
                The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                  Goddamn tiny little cars

There's about 15mm still left between seat and floor in this pic - I'm going to recline it a notch further, and slip the back edge of the head rest under the rollbar edge. Probably win about an inch, and the head will be further back. Still not going to look great in a roll without a front ROPS. Without a helmet its considerably better, but still not flash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90636[/ATTACH]
                  kid with screwdriver in the background
                  you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

lol
                    Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

who the fuck does this to a roll bar??

this is clearly not going back in

Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Haha wow
                        www.holditflat.com

Comment

Did I mention that how Opel speccd them? That's one of the 'unique' alterations away from the lotus lineage. Idiots.

Anyway, found myself a cheap S2 Elise roll bar to put back in in its place. No one removes/replaces these things as they're such a cunt to get out, so finding one was luck in itself, but for $50 I was laughing. The tube gauge is smaller, but at least it's one continuous tube without retarded cutouts. That should be here in the next few days.

Meanwhile, made some seat mount templates out of cheapo plywood, and go the seat half sorted. Very happy with the sitting position and leg room, but without a proper cage/front hoop, I'm a little nervous about actually rolling over (that's the point of the roll bar things, yeah?).

Front load point in an upside down moment, is presently the dash-beam. That's a bit rough on the old scone if you look at the line the ROPS cuts. As a halfway measure, I had a grand idea... A mini front roll hoop affixed to the very front of the chassis rails, aligned with the front shock towers. It's actually pretty free from obstruction in the small spot I'm looking, and would allow a mini hoop of around 300mm height to sit quite forward in the car... Have a look at the line the ROPS cuts with it in place. Still not great, but much better than without (and a big safety gain for very little effort/fabrication/weight)
                          Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	6601601

Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	6601600
                            Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	6601602

Size:	972.0 KB
ID:	6601603
                              Mit freundlichen Gre

Comment

Looks neat, now make it out of CF

What will the seat mount too? Can you pick up the factory mounting points? Having the mounts pull out of the floor would kinda ruin your day and I assume there isn't much in the way of structural members in that tub?
                                GT8
                                1UZ Celica
                                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Working...
                                X