No announcement yet.

Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't bothered to watch the video, but seeing everybody praising it, thought I'd better see what the fuss was about.

Well done, enough solid information, pleasant voice modulation ( not unlike Malcolm Oastler) a solid 7/10 from me. Bloody good first effort.

" Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

I turned up the tech-nerdiness on this one. I reckon I could talk tech shit on this car all day...

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
      "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Nerd factor detail is high...may need to do a market research survey to gauge product demand lol.

It’s a great watch over breakfast πŸ‘ I particularly like the fact that others groan as much as I do these days as I get up and down crawling around the car :D
        GT8
        1UZ Celica
        1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Ed said he had a big flange..... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now we know the demographics he is aiming these videos at....

​​​​​​

Comment

eds precision machine center

shortening the fasteners for the crown wheel which were fouling by a few mm on the diff housing

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

and another thing today - new roll cage means the mounting of the rear claim no longer lines up - so my 1/4 turn camlocs don't line up any more... so after fettling everything to kind of fit again, its time to regales and remount the rear clam... again. ugh... but then its done!

ps watch the vid ^^^ its kindve cool! im interested to hear if this amount of nerd (perhaps with more/any editing and less shit non scripted verbal diarrhoea) would actually be interesting to anyone aside from myself

Comment

Non scripted verbal diarrhea works for me. Video was good.

Comment

Finally got around to watching your two most recent videos, enjoyed them very much. The tech nerdiness worked for me, and having you explain things while pointing at stuff was very helpful, I now have a much better understanding of what you're doing and how it's supposed to work. I try to follow along with the written explanations but it was all a bit above my pay grade. Keep it up, I'll watch stuff like this all day!
                  Norbie!

Comment

Video is good. Well done.

Also Happy Birthday.

ps use jack stands.
                    Last edited by takai; 11-11-20, 08:39 PM.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

expensive poking stick you have there...
                      "We raced for our countries. Our cars were painted in the coutries' colours. Today, a young fine driver of great talent can lose his life for a brand of condoms" - Jaun Manuel Fangio

Comment

ive got no idea what they cost. got me curious now though... ill have a chat with procurement

Comment

The vid is light years ahead of soooo many car channels it is actually funny.

It's a rad project, fucked if I could do it. Well done.
                          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

i was about post some awesome update of installing the lexan window, essentially finishing off the cage installation.

yeah... so i'm off to buy a new sheet of lexan

ffs

Comment

I hope there's a video
                              Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                                I hope there's a video
                                With an expensive pointing stick
                                Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X