Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

You need a bigger hammer.
      Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
      You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

The return of the pointing stick, very satisfying.
        Norbie!

Comment

F@#k bro that stuff is not cheap either. Got reality checked getting some shaped / hard coated / tear - offs included prices for mine recently.

They say: 200 times stronger than glass. And for a car-related anecdote - you could fire a conrod at it, at 200 miles an hour, and it'd just glance off.
          Last edited by BLO 767; 16-11-20, 07:41 PM.

Comment

yep, it hurt. i basically fucked up sikaflexing the panel in - and once sikaflexed, you cannot unsikaflex! normally you can tidy up sika fuckups with acetone/thinners, but that shit destroys polycarbonate. so before the sika went off and made the decision even harder, i just aborted, pulled the panel off, wiped everything down and will just suck it up. lesson learnt.
            "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

one thing that this thread/writing stuff down has/is good for ... the 'To Do List'
              so often im standing there in the garage staring at the thing going... 'what do i need to do on this again'?

----------------------
              To Do List - update 16/11/2020
              ----------------------
              Shit To Do Myself:
              grind out and relaminate the front clamshell camloc receivers
              mount the rear camlocs for the roof panel
              order a bunch of the correct size camlocs to replace the half fitting ones ive got, plus winged camlocs for inside the roof
              laser cutting bits to measure and order:
              - front clam rear mounts
              - front quarter mounts
              drill out vernier wing adjuster
              weld captive nuts to the wing reinforcing plates

Stuff to Outsource:
              get the gearbox rebuilt
              - all needed parts ive got
              - fielding quotes as of 15.11
              weld new wing mount plates (alu)

Shit To Buy:
              buy carbon 245gr twill for a the dress layer on the splitter
              stainless exhaust bends

​​​​​​​to be continued

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                one thing that this thread/writing stuff down has/is good for ... the 'To Do List'
                so often im standing there in the garage staring at the thing going... 'what do i need to do on this again'?
                LOL I find I'm doing this all the time as well, I know there are a trillion things to do but I'm not always clear about "what's next". Maybe I should start making To Do lists in my threads as well.

Your list looks suspiciously short though?
                Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                  Your list looks suspiciously short though?
                  3 beers in watching tv.... gave up... "fuck that, i'll do it later"

Comment

Pointy end of a geopick would munt it

Comment

Comment

Fuck I stand corrected. Brought a tear to
                        my eye. Awesome and thank you

Comment

Fkn lol at the science videos

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                            a true orthopod at work

Comment

so this is how the lexan was supposed to be treated, rather than being beaten by a hammer and whacked with an axe

Comment

otherwise its just too damn dark and cold to go work in the shed at present. i really need to pluck up the enthusiasm and get some small bits done. at the very least measure some stuff so i can come back inside and play with CAD / send files to water-jet cutters

Comment

Working...
                                X