Eds Lotus 116 GT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also gearbox realted...

part of my original "keep teh gearbox alive" plan was a gearbox cooler. the nmore i read about issues with these boxes getting super hot and lunching bearings, i figured i should just bite down and do this. cue the alibaba oil pump that someone (century thread?) was banging on about ages ago, and a mocal oil cooler ive had kicking around for ages. throw €150 worth of yumcha speedflow at it (lets be honest its a zero pressure system, so should hopefully just work) and ill getthis hooked up shortly.

all delay tactics to avoid actually pulling the motor and gearbox out, yes, im well aware

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
      Very bling new cable stop. Nice.
      "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

single cell 3.5" - 3.0" cat with flex pipe now doneski. also actually got around to some cosmetics, and got my exhaust tips done. fucking compound bends. twin 60mm outlets for the train spotters (3.5" dump, 3.0" muffler entry, 60mm outlets). decided to keep the oem bmw flappy valve on one exit and found a chap who's rebuilt the controller guts to run off a simple 3 wire open/closed 12v signal (instead of canbus shenanigans). so that's kindle cool. don't trust myself to weld the seams completely, ill offload that to Dominik who can actually manage more than spot welds. anyway, i reckon the rear view with the twin exhausts around the diffuser is hawt.

Last edited by doctor ed; 01-03-21, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Certainly does look the business.
          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

looks good, is there some big brain sciency shit behind the exhaust ending before the diffuser?
            www.holditflat.com

Comment

nope. kind've just where they ended up

Comment

Well you could say they are there for the aero benefits of a reverse blown defused to help create a low pressure area at low road speeds using the higher gas speeds of the exhaust.....

I would buy such an explanation.....

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                  Well you could say they are there for the aero benefits of a reverse blown defused to help create a low pressure area at low road speeds using the higher gas speeds of the exhaust.....

I would buy such an explanation.....
                  Then you'd need one flappy thing one each side so you could tune the downforce depending on which way you are turning...
                  Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Looks ready to spit small roadkill from the diffuser. Like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post

Then you'd need one flappy thing one each side so you could tune the downforce depending on which way you are turning...
                      Well the good doctor should now know what needs to be done.....

Comment

lol exhaust vectoring

realistically it is kindve doing the blown upper deck diffuser thing, and thereby increasing the attachment of diffuser flow of those outside channels.
                        ...but...
                        those outside 2 channels do nothing other than capture rear tyre squirt and (hopefully) keep the mess from the wheel wells confined and out of the central underfloor channels.

Comment

Is the radiused tip to promote a further Coanda effect on the outer layer and blow through on the duct?

It’s interesting to see which teams use a radiused exhaust tip and which just use bare pipe.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

meanwhile my box of shinzen speed flow turned up today, so went about checking my 11ty random-thread-to-AN8 adapters to see if everything fit. the 1/4" BSP into the oil pump has a bit of a taper mismatch meaning the threads already start out tight, but a bit of thread sealer and a one-time-only-installation torque spec and im pretty sure it'll be just fine.

one unexpected bonus was the pump body being a fuel pump spec standard 60mm, meaning i could grab a shinzen pump mount too, and everything lines up hunky dory

gearbox side was easy. the M32 drain and fill plugs are M18x1.5 threads, and AN8 adapters fit like a glove. happy days

Comment

Any chance it's actually 1/4" NPT rather than bsp, or just AliExpress spec? I noticed they've doubled in price since Mr juicyhairyballs posted it.

Comment

Which pump did you go for? I ordered one on 11.11 and got something completely different to description.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget
                                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                                X