Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted arse HZ Holden ute

So, I bought this thing off Chuck.

It's a pretty honest, straight, unfucked with example of HZ goodness. Did the trip home from north of Newcastle to Campbelltown on Saturday arvo on a UVP with no issues apart from it getting a bit warm north of Mooney Mooney on the F3/M1. Pulled up and let it cool for 20 minutes then got going again.

Home just after dark, crack a beer.

Sunday I threw in a non broken grill, set of H4 headlights and new indicators to tidy the front up a bit.

Tyres were fucked so threw the GTS rims off my aborted 1 tonner project onto it. Also got rid of the Bunnings spec ladder racks.

Got a blue slip for it this morning. Dead number plate light and rear shackle bushes a bit flogged out, but old mate passed it for me anyway. There are a couple of other things I would've knocked it back for, but I'm not complaining. So it's now registered.

Over the next few weeks I'll throw the bucket seats, console, GTS dash etc out of the 1 tonner into it.

The 202 and trimatic are coming out ASAP and will be replaced with my 308 / trimatic, as well as swapping the banjo diff out for a Salisbury.

Longer term plans will be to knock the few minor dents out of it and paint it, then maybe think about an LS1 transplant.

Thank fuck the hanbrake works with that driveway.

Kinda like it with the hubcaps but I'm weird lol.

Bet it feels good to be back into a rego'd & running project.
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Bugger painting it doest make it handle brake or go any better.

Slap a 5l and t400 and tall gears Salisbury (4pinion Lsd conversation) and feed it boost It will love it.

Nice subscribing

Comment

Nice, I'd love one of these
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

2J'd yet?
          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Im kimda glad it didnt end up with a 4000000kw drivetrain. Only so much room for so many "farmtrucks"

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                Im kimda glad it didnt end up with a 4000000kw drivetrain. Only so much room for so many "farmtrucks"
                Yep

Comment

Mirrors roughly painted and thrown on.

New lens kit put on my gauges. Rare spares shit, the speedo lens doesn't come with a hole for the odo reset button and I chipped it as I didn't go quite big enough with the drill first go.

Dash bolted in, the facia is rooted so I'll put a new one in it in a couple of weeks.

Looks like I may have sold the 202 and auto so the free 'o hate should be going in within the next couple of weeks. Can't wait as the six is fucking awful.

Chuck, I won't need the gear selector indicator thingo when I put my motor in, do you want me to keep it and post it up to you?

Comment

Nah, thanks, my auto is reverse pattern and only two speed

Comment

Click that odometer back to Zero...new life,new kilometres

Aerial bit of an eyesore but ute is heading in right direction.Early head 308 will sound nice!

Liking the sandman clones that been popping up lately.
                      an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Comment

timing gears shattered

Comment

Needs more 13b pp and corona 4spd.
                            Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                            having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

ls it and you're a polesmoker.

only option is holden thongslapper, with a th700 or a manual.

keep the column shift, adds cred to the theme

Comment

Working...
                              X