A Pagoda. Not for the garden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    I am missing updates about this totally gorgeous machine.

Please?
    I still have the Pagoda. It unintentionally ended up in storage for a while but it's been well loved, driven hard and had some serious reconstruction work over the past year or two.

I should really get around to posting a proper update.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Comment

Beautiful car, always liked this shape of merc. Hoping to own an SL55 AMG one day, tis my bucket list car.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
        My Dad changed the diff ratio on his 230SL. Drops the revs on the highway by about 1,000 or so and it cruises more comfortably.

A mate of mine just ordered a fresh restored RHD from these guys.
        http://www.hemmels.com/inventory/ran...ke-restoration
        Good link! How nice are these:
        https://www.hemmels.com/w198-300sl-r...r-and-gullwing

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
          Supposed to arrive in the next ~6 months. Taking forever.
          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
          (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by [CatchMe] View Post
            I still have the Pagoda. It unintentionally ended up in storage for a while but it's been well loved, driven hard and had some serious reconstruction work over the past year or two.

I should really get around to posting a proper update.

Great shot!

Thank You! Looking forward to it. 😎

Comment

I can only imagine the starting price of a Hemmels Gullwing... I'm guessing $2.x mill.

Comment

So, it's been a while but I still have and love this thing, and it never fails to draw a nod, a wave or a smile when I take it out.

I recently found a guy in Adelaide who genuinely knows his way around early Bosch mechanical injection and she's running better than ever. Starts first pop from cold, runs at temperature and revs cleanly well beyond the point that I push it to.

Comment

I'm not a Benz guy but this is lovely

Comment

Magnificent things. Audrey Hepburn on 4 wheels.

Comment

This is beautiful, perfect colour combination as well.

Comment

These are the perfect classic. Agree - my Dad's one never fails to get a comment from a passer by. Drives nice too for a 50yo car.
                        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Agreed, beautiful car. Right up there with the 300SL gullwing.

Comment

Saw this today at a cars n coffee in Newport, Melbourne .
                            On webers.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210704_095615034.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	7267677Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210704_095725565.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.10 MB ID:	7267678

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                              On webers.
                              Same car? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...19787921/?Cr=0

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                                On webers
                                There was a design fault with the original Solex's. They would crack at the flange and were very temperamental. Most owners switched to Webers very early on. More reliable and the car performed better.

Comment

Working...
                                X