Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not another fucking MX-5, what is this faggotry?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Looking to pull the trigger on a bar but not sure if I should go with the 24mm Whiteline or the 1.125" hollow Racing Beat.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
      Ok. Looking to pull the trigger on a bar but not sure if I should go with the 24mm Whiteline or the 1.125" hollow Racing Beat.
      Hollow is sexier....

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
      2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Supermiata want as much money to ship it as it costs. I think I'm better off supporting ASS.
        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Most of the guys i talked to reckoned bigger swaybars front and rear and lighter springs.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Diff is now back at M&A Gingerbeering. Had a good chat with the guys. Seems like the likely cause is that the Motul 90PA I ran for the last track day and a few other bits and bobs up to the task, and thinned too much under pressure. Luckily I have some Cusco 80/140 on the shelf for when it comes back with new bearings and seals as well as the new s/h pinion and crownwheel.

I'll redo the photos etc once the forum is stable again

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake

Comment

I has the diff back- I just have to put the rear housing back on cos forgot to give them the bolts... :0 Had a long chat about the wear pattern on the failed gears- all on the drive side- consistent with wrong oil.

Diff dude recommends a 80/90 weight Mineral ala Fuchs/Shell, which is interesting cos I was running a 90 weight mineral (Motul 90PA) when it failed, but was running a 75/140 synthetic (Motul Gear Competition) for multiple track days before that with no problem... or was it just that all the wear happened with the 75/140 and then it just got bad enough to be noisey with the 90 in it?? These are the big issues we face.

hrmm… maybe I just throw it back together, get someone to fix few small paint issues, sell it and buy a Porsche instead..

Comment

Chucked this back together today.

Overall quite a pleasant and simple process..in many respects easier than pulling the diff out..

Have not driven it yet cos flat battery..

Also threw the 6kg/mm rear springs back in it..Click image for larger version

Name:	_20190824_162212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	6619820Click image for larger version

Name:	_20190824_173600.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	6619821Click image for larger version

Name:	_20190824_173521.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	6619822Click image for larger version

Name:	_20190824_173500.jpg
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	6619823

Comment

Drove this about 20 km today no leaks, no noises.

Even at 80 % locking with less preload on the clutch plates it locks pretty hard and it will chirp the inside wheel in car parks.

I think the move back to 6 kg/mm rear springs is good too, will still step out under full throttle on a tight roundabout but has much less weight transfer to the front under brakes cos the ride height is lower.

Needs a wheel alignment and some new tyres...

Comment

Wheel alignment booked for Thursday. Set of AR-1s on the way.

Just gotta find time for a trackday in October, challenging given school holidays and work travel.

The a quick tidy up and on the market... If i can find the replacement.... Which is going to be the big challenge..

Comment

Picked it up post wheel alignment - neg camber max'd front and rear at about 2.9 degrees. Zero toe front, 0.5 mm total rear.

Still wants to over rotate in tight corners as soon as there is any gas on, but it's very pointy, which I quite like, probably not fast..

I really do like driving it, but I think one final track outing, and then it's time to move on to slightly bigger and but faster things.

Comment

Turbo Gemini hey
                        Strokes beard.
                        BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
                          Turbo Gemini hey
                          Strokes beard.
                          Yeah, nah

Comment

Good stuff mate. What would you go for next? WRX? 86?
                            Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                            my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              Good stuff mate. What would you go for next? WRX? 86?
                              Cayman S is the plan..

Comment

Good choice!
                                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Working...
                                X