Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wankle powah FC RX7

I bought this S4 FC in 2010 off a friends estate, I bought the car with no short term intentions besides get it going, has some personal value as I was doing work on it too.

This is when I just got it home in 2010:

Then on the long weekend, this happened....

In the last 6 years I have done pretty much nothing except moving it around and looking at it, I decided 2016 is the year i am going to make a start on it. So I have started to look around for some parts i can use to make a start. So i started to trawl scumtree, ausrotary, tysons friendbook page etc for parts.
    One thing i noticed with these, there is heaps of shells with no motors, heaps of half parted cars etc. Nothing really suitable for what I wanted.

I came across a pair of RX7s in Liverpool area on the Anzac day long weekend, the ad was real sketchy as they all are. I call the guy, he said that the motor was rebuild, bridge ported and had a haltech ps1000(score!) The rebuild was apparently done by RotorMaster, i need to find out the spec on the rebuild.

Anyway a deal was done for the pair, got them delivered today! This will be a watch this space, the Bridgeport motor which is in the silver car (with the big turbo) will be going into my first RX7, the car will be parted, has a rust hole in the rear 1/4 where the hatch is. The red car is an import S5, it may get the LS1 treatment. There is so much more to all these cars, but I really cant think of all the mods each car has. There is heaps to list, I have not even had a chance to go thru it all yet.

The first car i bought in the top images has a S6 motor mounted in there. the turbo I am unsure on it has SCANIA, its brand new and made by Garrett I cant find any information on it but the rear is a 1.06. Ill find some tags on it, would someone be able to find out some more info on it? I have tried looking but being a bit of an oddball i cant see much info on it.

Contacted RotorMaster today to find some specs on the rebuild. They don't seem like they are very helpful. Waiting to see if I will get another reply.

Comment

I honestly thought that everything was painted green in the engine bay when I first saw the first pic....
      1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
      1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

Good stuff, always liked the looks of the FC.

Comment

Originally posted by milo View Post
          I honestly thought that everything was painted green in the engine bay when I first saw the first pic....
          Yeah the top photos are old taken in 2010 on potato.

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
          Good stuff, always liked the looks of the FC.
          I am a sucker for 80s sports cars. Hopefully I can get this one looking good. Quality FCs are not very common.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
            I am a sucker for 80s sports cars. Hopefully I can get this one looking good. Quality FCs are not very common.
            x2. If you get over the red one doing nothing. I could probably lose one coupe and gain another
            BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Yeah, 80s sports cars are a big deal for me too, must be reading all those car magazines as a kid

Comment

You haven't started the project in 6 years... so bought another two?

Comment

Originally posted by <---cop View Post
                  haha it made sense at the time!

Getting a project in this state is hard, and would need loads of parts. i figured i might aswell buy something that is complete, and i have enough parts to finish.

Got some extras which I will use off the red car, has a full set of coilovers, braded brake hoses etc

Comment

sweet, at least between them you might have 1 car haha

Scania = truck turbo?
                    1.06 housing should be fine, rotors spool that sort of thing

Comment

I didn't think there were any rotary powered FCs left? :D

Comment

:wayned: hahaha ha I thought the same thing. Bravo!
                        Originally posted by thebluerx7
                        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Didn't buy any more, but did make a start! Only took around 4 years. Once I get to a computer I'll upload pics I have taken so far.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by mad_cow; 31-12-19, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Xmas eve looked like this.
                            Last edited by mad_cow; 02-01-20, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Proceeded to look like this

Comment

Working...
                              X