Wankle powah FC RX7

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked the AU spec S4 the very first one I bought. It has a very solid body. I think I'll use that one, swap all the good S5 bits into it.

What a twist in the build!
    Last edited by mad_cow; 06-01-20, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Good choice to bin it, I wouldn't have thought S4/5 RX7's are worth enough money to be spending heaps on significant rust repairs rather than just getting a better shell for not that much and using that instead.

Comment

Just saw it on ausrotary FB too, consensus seems to be bin it there also!

Comment

Originally posted by 12arx3 View Post
          Just saw it on ausrotary FB too, consensus seems to be bin it there also!
          I thought I'd run it by the rotor heads. I expected them to say save it. I wasn't too keen on doing rust repairs, but didn't wanna write the car off as a loss too early.

Comment

Got the new roller into the garage last night.

There is only small amount of surface rust on this one. Hit it with the rust converter and tidy it up.

I am not too concerned about looks at this point, I will probably just keep it straight and get it wrapped. Half the price of a paint job,

Comment

Today's job. Swap subframes. The Jap car has a LSD.

Comment

what you going to do with the front cross member, steering rack etc from the terrible shell?
                '01 RS125
                '01 CR500
                '05 CR250
                '07 CR125
                '70 Mk2 Cortina
                '80 1200 Ute
                '12 Transit

Comment

Which bad shell? I got 2. Do you need an rx7 rack?

I was going to look at the S5 rack and see if it's a better ratio.

Comment

Do you have "NULL" as a numberplate in hopes that it will send the speed camera computers crazy?
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      Do you have "NULL" as a numberplate in hopes that it will send the speed camera computers crazy?
                      Yes, not sure if it works for speed cameras, but the new ANU underground carpark cant read it.

Comment

Today was a huge waste of time. It looks like there is an LSD already in the car! I got so far as removing the aubframe I wanted to use then started removing the other then realised they were the same.

Managed to get the coilovers out of the rear. Any ideas what brand they might be? There is no markings on them.

cleaned the wheels, they came up wheely nice. they would need a restore soon tho. They are SSR Type D.

this sticker was is on the glove box. Apparently It was a towing company in the early 90s and was famous amongst street racer.

I also finally worked out why the S5 body is nicer, I could never put my finger on it. Above the wheel arches. The guards are pumped more. Giving it a more aggressive look over the S4. In the pic below you can see where the panel flattens out before dropping down.

and will have ago at fitting some nice S5 aftermarket cluster. I really hope it's a plug and play job.

Last edited by mad_cow; 07-01-20, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I have series 2 which naturally isn't running but I would like to get rid of the steering box
                          '01 RS125
                          '01 CR500
                          '05 CR250
                          '07 CR125
                          '70 Mk2 Cortina
                          '80 1200 Ute
                          '12 Transit

Comment

Originally posted by buket of water View Post
                            I have series 2 which naturally isn't running but I would like to get rid of the steering box
                            Oh that's how it's done? It won't be available for a while. Free time for me is about to end. Can you wait?

Comment

Today was good, started to strip the interior. It needs a good clean out from dust and other crap that has built up over the over the last 30 years. Its getting the black interior from the S5 JDM car, everything much cleaner and nicer than the grey.

Gotta get out the heater core to replace the carpet - might as well get a new core since I am this far in.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
                                I also finally worked out why the S5 body is nicer, I could never put my finger on it. Above the wheel arches. The guards are pumped more. Giving it a more aggressive look over the S4. In the pic below you can see where the panel flattens out before dropping down.

Also found out the car has some bog in the 1/4, and has lost its shape, i checked the other side of the car and it looks more like the S5.

Comment

Working...
                                X