Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wankle powah FC RX7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Great progress being made here

    There is nothing quite like snapping up some long discontinued or rare OEM parts too

    Comment


      Fark, just as I thought i had a way to go.






      I thought these were separate looms once it passed through the firewall. How wrong am I. Looks like I will need to do a chop and join. So not looking forward to this.

      Comment


        Is the 'spare' loom complete? Can you swap the whole loom over? It will take a lot of time to change it all over, but by the time you chop it and rejoin (solder, crimp, plugs) it it should be around the same? And you won't end up with 'x' number of joins as future points of failure?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Paul M View Post
          Is the 'spare' loom complete? Can you swap the whole loom over? It will take a lot of time to change it all over, but by the time you chop it and rejoin (solder, crimp, plugs) it it should be around the same? And you won't end up with 'x' number of joins as future points of failure?
          That is very much a concern I have. I just don't want to take it all apart to find the cars we're optioned different and have further headaches down the path.

          Comment


            Got the wiring hopefully sorted. A couple of the plugs were just repinned. Used the other car as a template and matched it. Most things went ok, but there is some other random wires which I can't seem to match up anywhere, I am hoping they are something for the auto trans which is now gone.
            Starting to look like its coming together, next job is to replace the brackets for the power steering lines and condenser fan after they were cut off.


            Last edited by mad_cow; 06-06-21, 10:29 AM.

            Comment





              This is where the power steering line, air con fan, and horns are suppose to mount. They where all cut off because race car. They are been put back because street car.






              I had to cut them off one of the doner cars and welded back on, got some primer and has been repainted, dont look too close at the welds or paint. I don't claim to be good at either, they wont be seen anyway.






              Got the nicer dashboard fitted too, I am going to focus a bit more on the interior in the coming weeks.​ Keep watching this space!
              Last edited by mad_cow; 07-06-21, 09:26 PM.

              Comment


                no one will see it, yet i will still comment if u bring it to jonnonatz
                www.holditflat.com

                Comment


                  Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                  no one will see it, yet i will still comment if u bring it to jonnonatz
                  Hopefully it will be done, id love to bring it out, I am running around trying to find some hard to get bits while I do all these other little things.

                  Comment


                    Nice work mate. Im currently in the process of manual swapping an early FC at work its been painful so far

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by trb012 View Post
                      Nice work mate. Im currently in the process of manual swapping an early FC at work its been painful so far
                      How so? About to start the same on mine haha
                      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

                        How so? About to start the same on mine haha
                        Haha just gearbox crossmember mainly the auto and manual floors are completely different and the box sits a lot further forward. Ive ended up using the auto crossmember then fabbed up an adaptor to mount the box. I then discovered you can buy them off the shelf in the u.s haha

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by trb012 View Post

                          Haha just gearbox crossmember mainly the auto and manual floors are completely different and the box sits a lot further forward. Ive ended up using the auto crossmember then fabbed up an adaptor to mount the box. I then discovered you can buy them off the shelf in the u.s haha
                          Haha that’s always the way..
                          mine was a manual originally so I’m hoping it’s easy
                          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

                            Haha that’s always the way..
                            mine was a manual originally so I’m hoping it’s easy
                            Yeah I found this that the floor pans were different too, mine already had a fabbed up mount from previously when the box was installed. I was thinking it was an S4 vs S5 difference, I got there in the end with some half half thing. I didn't seem to take any photos of that part.

                            Also its always safe to assume the transbushes are end of life. I bought my Mazda competition mounts from blackhawk Japan, the prices are insanely good from what I have seem them going for locally.


                            Comment


                              Managed to get some parts I thought was unobtainium, a metal water pipe which runs down the drivers side fuel rail, a brake booster hose with the check valve!

                              Comment


                                Update time!


                                Kept plugging away. I hopefully got the wiring sorted.
                                Mocked up the radiator and oil cooler for when the air con condenser is finished.
                                Water pipe fitted and wrapped the wiring harness with heat wrap




                                Got the rear back together - Now it has the S5 rear lights and bar.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X