VX SS LS1 to cure boredom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VX SS LS1 to cure boredom

Lads, been out of the game for a few years playing with crotch rockets. Got rid of all the toys and been bored ever since. Bought this to play with for something to do.

2002 VX SS LS1 auto. Ex chasa!

Mods apparently are pod filter, larger throttle body, some sort of rear exhaust bit that sounds shit, a tune done by the previous owners mechanic mate that makes it ping badly at high revs, and a Chev badge on the back.

Immediate things to do are fix the auto trans leak (I think, haven't looked underneath properly), and get the car retuned. Auto slams into second gear then slips like a carnt going into third. Don't know if it's a tuning problem or if it's farked. I'm thinking it's farked. Box was rebuilt 18 months ago by Fred's Autos according to previous owner.

From there I don't know which way to go. I'll either be a tight arse and get second hand bits from here and there, or I'll do something stupid and drop huge coin on it in one go. I'm considering getting some better headers and cats and changing the back half of the exhaust for something that sounds better, then chucking some nitrous on it. Will probably get an OTR as well.

Eventually I'd like a turbo 6.0/6.2 with a TH400 in it making good power, then drop the driveline in something better when I have the cash.

If anyone's got any second hand bits for these let me know. Looking to start collecting.

And yes, the Chev badge is staying on.:D
    Attached Files
    2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
    2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
    2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
    2005 WR250
    + 2 trailers and a caravan.
    I finance the RMS

Welcome back .
    1000HP VT taxi cab

www.castlehillperformance.com.au

Comment

To be honest the main reason I stopped coming on here is because I didn't have a computer.
      2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
      2005 WR250
      I finance the RMS

Comment

Chev badge isn't big enough - you could get way more fasts from a larger one
        Swedish Soot Chucker
        Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Wahoo! He's back!
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Hectic as bro!!

Cheap lsjuan can't go wrong really, strangely something weird in me that I like about the VX shape. Do the basics, can get them moving into 11s with relatively simple mods. Good chance the 'mate' who tuned it has nfi so made it feel fast when it wasn't. Bit of luck nothing is fingered.
            Originally posted by Faux Forg
            I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Welcome back brus!!!

Needs more CHE!

S
              Have you heard??

Comment

skid pics not loading.

Please rectify this asap.

kthxbai.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Nice to see you back

I literally thought about picking that very car up. Ended up with a red 6speed for $5k off the same Facebook page. 911s, E30s, bunky turbo Jap imports, now VX SS Commos? Next PF bandwagon?

Comment

$5k ss or clubbie? mileage?

Saw stock 5.7l vx calais $2600but 250k on clock & auto 5 months rego...do they kaboom at 300k mark?

Welcome back Blackbart...go tightarse route on this lol
                    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Ah blackbart, there's a name I remember from the old days! Dan with 180sx here
                      C63
                      S1000R

Comment

11.0 or bust!
                        Originally posted by S
                        I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Been chatting to Dale cunt about driveline options. Wife has said I'll be sleeping in it. I've opened a side bank account to funnel some money into.:D
                          2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
                          2005 WR250
                          I finance the RMS

Comment

Just put a mattress in your van, problem solved!
                            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Van doesn't even need a mattress. Back two rows fold flat and it's got curtains.
                              2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
                              2005 WR250
                              I finance the RMS

Comment

Working...
                              X