X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klampyz Van. The MAD80X

Hi forum.

Here is my van. It's a '99 Ford Econovan. I've removed all Ford from it and returned it to its Mazda origins. I attached a Mazda badge up front, and installed the appropriate Mazda tail lights.

Has a pretty decent stereo inside. Four 10" subs each inside a 60L box, two 600mm x 3" ports. tuned to 40hz and running on around 250wrms each driver. 8" midbass in the front doors, and 4" coax in the dash.

I fitted Maxxis Trepador tires as it does see quite a bit of forest driving, and they were the only all terrain tires i like the look of, price of, and were appropriately load rated, along with a nice set of alloys for that mad stance effort.... (nothing worse than wheels sucked way under the body work)

Only recently have I had the front bumper fitted, last Tuesday, along with the light bar. Also got some Phillips LED H4 bulbs on their way to improve my candle factor from the stock headlights.

At the moment, the current attack is to convert to being turbocharged. Removing the stock Nikki carb to replace it with a Holley 5200 in blow through configuration with water to air intercooling and a Garrett TB25 off a Nissan Patrol RD28.

Here's some pictures.

Current setup, just a 3" cool air intake that draws air from the side vent on the body.

Where you gonna mount the turbo? :D

Comment

unexpectedly, in its normal position as a low mount off a premade manifold :D

Comment

I heard there is plenty of room further back in the trans tunnel on these vans.

Comment

im going to be using a water to air intercooler, which will in fact get mounted somewhere low, behind the engine, but only to stop it getting heat soak up higher in the bay.
          the other reason for that, ive had a good look, and beyond routing the charge pipes around the suspension, outside the bay, i cant really run a FMIC. so water to air was chosen for ease of fitment

Comment

Originally posted by klampykixx View Post
            unexpectedly, in its normal position as a low mount off a premade manifold :D
            Oh.

Comment

You're a fucking cooked cunt, but as usual, I love it where most others will pay out/hate. Doing shit because you can, not to appease the masses.

What happened to that VR Drift car? Every conformist clown in the SC forums bagged it out but I loved that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ DUDE View Post
                You're a fucking cooked cunt, but as usual, I love it where most others will pay out/hate. Doing shit because you can, not to appease the masses.

What happened to that VR Drift car? Every conformist clown in the SC forums bagged it out but I loved that thing.
                It's got nothing on my mates old urvan hahahahahahaha you have no idea . Here in canberra there are quite a few turbo vans getting around have been for since I was a teenager not too far out of the normal in my eyes.

Comment

Ej dude, my vr suffered a loss of budget momentum and I had to move house leaving it out on a property to rot. It got sold off for a measly $400. I literally cried. And then quickly got over it. I miss it massively but if I can make this van at least as quick as my VR was then I'll be super happy and content.

Comment

Ej dude, my vr suffered a loss of budget momentum and I had to move house leaving it out on a property to rot. It got sold off for a measly $400. I literally cried. And then quickly got over it. I miss it massively but if I can make this van at least as quick as my VR was then I'll be super happy and content.
                    I have a VR you can buy all it needs is a supra front cut and mini spool the rest is done.

Like literally every thing is done even the V6 and 4l as they are reco 40k on them will sell and cover some of the cost for the front cut.

Comment

Don't want it thanks

Comment

Cause you're going offload heaps, can you use a (TX5?) gearbox and convert it to 4WD?

Comment

I'd love to, would that have similar linkages for the gear shift though?
                          That would be my main limitation

Comment

There has been discussion among my friends to fit a divorced transfer case from a landrover (rangerover?) and fit up hilux solid axles on leaf suspension. But that's just a conversation piece at this moment

Comment

There has been discussion among my friends to fit a divorced transfer case from a landrover (rangerover?) and fit up hilux solid axles on leaf suspension. But that's just a conversation piece at this moment
                              Na bro if you use landrover case you need to use Mercedes uni diff's bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X