1979 Valiant CM Regal 'Survivor' Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thing, probably not so much for the type/model of car, My brother had one like this, was a large pile of shit, but I love the way it's final build is heading, like the ultimate love story ending. ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
      Hope the rear suspension is coming out for some love as well.
      Just a couple of cans of export black and might change the bushes. Monoleaf and Caltracs should sort it.

No-one expects a CM to be 'not shit' which makes this funnier. The funny thing is there are some very good reasons to use a late model over an earlier - better rust proofing, brakes, the 'RTS', anti roll bar and master cylinder but I'm not using any of those bits anyway.

Looking forward to cruising six up with Cold Chisel on the stereo. Might have to get some flannos and mullet wigs for the full experience.

Comment

Ahhh, carry on then, forgot you had also planned to overcapitalise on the rear suspension as well.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Overcapitalise on all the things.

Actually the diff was cheap. Watch it break.

Comment

I have a mate who runs a suspension shop and puts monos and caltracs in just about everything that rolls through the door.
            Sing out when you're ready and I'll put you in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
              Overcapitalise on all the things.

Actually the diff was cheap. Watch it break.
              AMC 20 wasn't it?

Comment

Yep. Freshly built and allegedly for up to 1000hp.

Given it cost less than the discs on it are worth, Iím worried.

Comment

No visible progress on this, just waiting for suspension to get back from the powdercoaters.

Currently going through the fun of trying to find someone to spray the colour.

Panelbeaters are fucking weird. My first guy is booked out forever with Falcon Coupes which is fair enough, the second guy said to call back in 3-4 weeks and then when I did said he was busy and to call back in 3-4 weeks again. The third guy said it was a bit weird that I called him out of nowhere and asked if he'd be interested in painting a car. I mean, why would I do that?

So if anyone has any leads on a panelbeater who has a booth and has the skills required to lay down a flat 2 pack colour and is likely to want to actually do some work in the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area feel free to give me a tip!

Comment

Just a couple of cans of export black and might change the bushes. Monoleaf and Caltracs should sort it.
                    Bin the shackles for sliders!
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

First time I've heard of them, I'm a bit unfamiliar with horse and cart technology!

I'm assuming they just stop the spring binding? Probably worth the extra. Protrac will be doing the suspension for me so I'm assuming they'll sort it.

Comment

First time I've heard of them, I'm a bit unfamiliar with horse and cart technology!

I'm assuming they just stop the spring binding? Probably worth the extra. Protrac will be doing the suspension for me so I'm assuming they'll sort it.
                        They move a lot more freely, and also don't flex with lateral loads like a shackle does - they really tighten the backend of a leaf sprung car up.
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

FWIW I've not seen anyone running a set in Oz, but it's a known bit of tech in the US - common in circletrack classes that run leaves.

Comment

Calvert sell a cheapish set:

http://www.calvertracing.com/store/c...ers-p-165.html

Protrac have done loads of monoleaf/caltrac conversions and have their own monoleafs made up so I'll mention it to them and see what they think!

Comment

Calvert sell a fucking expensive set.
                              https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...ider,5817.html
                              $80USD a pair.

Comment

No visible progress on this, just waiting for suspension to get back from the powdercoaters.

Currently going through the fun of trying to find someone to spray the colour.

Panelbeaters are fucking weird. My first guy is booked out forever with Falcon Coupes which is fair enough, the second guy said to call back in 3-4 weeks and then when I did said he was busy and to call back in 3-4 weeks again. The third guy said it was a bit weird that I called him out of nowhere and asked if he'd be interested in painting a car. I mean, why would I do that?

So if anyone has any leads on a panelbeater who has a booth and has the skills required to lay down a flat 2 pack colour and is likely to want to actually do some work in the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area feel free to give me a tip!
                                X2 panel beaters are weird
                                I've got a retired one doing all the work at my place for cash now. Shops too much of a run around
                                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                                Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Working...
                                X