Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Stop trying to commission shops and just hire a spray painter for a week?
    Tried that. Everyone is too busy with smash work, too busy punching cones flat-out, or don't want to touch a huge barge (takes up too much shop space).

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
      Tried that. Everyone is too busy with smash work, too busy punching cones flat-out, or don't want to touch a huge barge (takes up too much shop space).

you need to use the 'dont you know who i am?' and edumacate them on your standing in the hierarchy of the ancient order of motoring journos

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
        Try a truck mob? I know the bloke who used to do those spooky Sydney tours used to get a truck painter to do his Cadillacs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Just amazing the number of places that said stuff like “nah look we don’t really paint cars”, “we just do smash work”
          I found that as well. How hard is it to spray previously unpainted fibreglass? It's probably only because it's easier to extort money from insurance companies than private individuals.

I think I called 10-11 paint shops to find one. And the one that did agree I just walked in. It probably helps if you show up in person and they realise you're not mental and might actually pay the bill.

Next project is a Fraser Clubman build, I'm sick of dealing with 30 year old parts and rust!

Comment

Neeek has a guy who'll paint it for a couple of boxes of Goon.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

doesn't bigmuz do it on the side at xmas parties ?

Comment

Bigmuz does lots of sides at every party.
                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                  Bigmuz does lots of sides at every party.
                  Mainly because Oxy got to the Bacon Explosion first.
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Bigmuz does proper factory spec 60's paint jobs so it all looks properly traditional, runs and all.
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Theres a fb page "keep australia beautiful restore something" he seems to be based in SA and looks like the type that likes to work on old cars. Does heaps of old Holdens and Fords going by his posts. Always ranting about the dodgy shit crash shops do on "full restorations" etc.

If there's no one similar local to you, I reckon it'd be worth looking at freighting the car over. $1-2000 of towing is fuck all if it means a proper resto.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                      Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

For full sleeper effect I should just do it with 100x $2 Supercheap 'Off white' spray cans like the first time.

Comment

Go baller and use the "Dupli-Colour" stuff.
                          Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Nah, thinned down house paint in an off white, and a roller for that full traditional cheap old wog paintjob, and best of all only takes about 20 minutes, and you can also do a room or two of the house at the same time to keep the nopics happy.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

The funny thing is that's exactly what I did last time.

Primer, then a few layers of this:
                              http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...hite-250g/1032

Before doing a final coat in the duplicolor which 'sort of matched' at least.

Their prices have gone up in the last decade. I think it was about $50 worth of paint including primer last time.

This time = probably $10k show quality paint job. How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                                Bigmuz does proper factory spec 60's paint jobs so it all looks properly traditional, runs and all.
                                Nah Muz's paintjobs are 2018 spec eco friendly thanks to all the grass thrown in.
                                Originally posted by Dimi
                                80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                                Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                                My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Working...
                                X