Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love one, but they don't exist.

A couple of the aftermarket suppliers in the US do an EFI style tank for A-bodies, but I can guarantee it won't fit in some small but not inconsequential way.

Comment

Fuck this waiting around for stuff to be done with project cars!

Was meant to be in paint a fortnight ago and it's just impossible to get hold of the new shop without going in person. Sometimes I think it's best to just try and forget about progress and welcome it when it happens.

If it takes much longer I'll be ordering the 7AGTE for the MR2 and really fucking up both project budgets.

Comment

Now that I've gone on a slight rant it's sorted.

Three years, 8 months and 5 days after I dropped it off, it finally leaves Tim's workshop next Wednesday to go to Capalaba and paint!

It doesn't actually sound that long when you write it down, and cost me next to nothing in the scheme of things so I don't feel I can really complain.

Cheers to the guys who recommended Elmo for towing too, he's quoted a fixed price and is happy to do it at a moment's notice. Legend.

Comment

Did you get your chrome sorted?

I know the pain of waiting for progress, and also how good it feels when stuff happens (normally when you least expect it).

Comment

Not yet. Fortunately I had the bars done by Pentastar so they've been sitting in my garage finished for a year or so now.

The guy out at Ipswich has had my mirrors, door handles, light surrounds and diecast grille for 18 months now with a 10% deposit and a quoted 6 months to finish so I might go break his legs slightly or something. Should probably chase that up today, I hate it when they just don't reply to messages!

Not that it's really a rush - given it's going from paint to engine conversion, wiring and then interior I probably won't need anything until the wiring stage at the earliest.

The hardest bit of these variable time scales is that you always feel it's your fault you can't tell the next shop an exact date. Must make it hard for everyone.

Comment

Yay, progress, now the race to see who's overcapitalised shitbox is in paint first....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought yours was painted already? Will happily race you to shed skid stage though!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                  Not yet. Fortunately I had the bars done by Pentastar so they've been sitting in my garage finished for a year or so now.

The guy out at Ipswich has had my mirrors, door handles, light surrounds and diecast grille for 18 months now with a 10% deposit and a quoted 6 months to finish so I might go break his legs slightly or something. Should probably chase that up today, I hate it when they just don't reply to messages!

Not that it's really a rush - given it's going from paint to engine conversion, wiring and then interior I probably won't need anything until the wiring stage at the earliest.

The hardest bit of these variable time scales is that you always feel it's your fault you can't tell the next shop an exact date. Must make it hard for everyone.
                  Yep, have gone through that a fair bit in the last 6 months. I always thought I'd try to be a "good bloke" and not pester guys who are obviously busy, but it just seems like you don't get your stuff done if you don't hound guys and constantly chase them.

What's left to do on the conversion? Make exhaust, wire it up, plumb fuel system?

Comment

Probably worth some follow up, just so they remember you and your stuff doesn't get lost at the back of the shed or accidently thrown out or something.
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

All parts are ready to go on the conversion and the mounts are in and ready to go.

As always it's more complicated than it first appears but should be a matter of:
                      - Fitting the A-518 to the G3 Hemi (there's a throwout bearing that needs to be cut off).
                      - Fitting the engine to the existing mounts and fabricating a new gearbox crossmember.
                      - Modifying the Milodon sump to clear the steering rack.
                      - Machining the existing steering column and fitting the new intermediate shaft and couplings to the rack.
                      - Fabricate new headers and full exhaust.
                      - New fuel and cooling system.

Will be using a Haltech 2500 so will need a loom and tune as well. The whole car will be rewired, I know how bad the original wiring was.

And just to make it more complicated I'm fitting the VintageAir Gen IV setup as well - hopefully the original Hemi compressor will clear the K-frame, should be plenty of room for the other parts, just lots of plumbing.

The worst part of all that is that I originally said it was going to be a few months away in September, 2016. Never make promises in regards to project cars...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                        I thought yours was painted already? Will happily race you to shed skid stage though!
                        Base coat yes. I have no idea about the stripes, and won't know until I see it when I am home.

And I'm not sure that a race to shed skids is one I have a chance of winning, though more fun tickets were added to the pile today, which should pay for the engine to be out together.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Elmo comes through!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2397.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	962.4 KB
ID:	6614632

And so the colour can begin.

Comment

This pleases me.
                            Norbie!

Comment

Awww yeehhh. Elmo is a good egg too.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Thanks! Because success always comes with tribulation there is currently a slight debate over who has the VIN plates (Tim does) and where they might be.

Fortunately I have the original rego documents and apparently itís not a huge drama anyway without plates but itís going to be a tense wait until theyíre found!

Comment

Working...
                                X