Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizone View Post
    I'm in the same boat, hang on is it a Chrysler person thing?

I just had a look at my six year old tyres (Cooper Xeon's) and they are surprisingly mint. Finger nail leaves a mark in the tread. I'll use them for rego and get a new set for driving.

I think keeping the side wall is important in older cars with near stock suspension. I've driven a few Restomods with small side walls and thought they drove crap.
    I'm not sure how you'd tell Coopers have gone off, they're hewn from granite to start with...
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

You’re super fucking patient. I’d be straight down there to help put the bonnet on and get it the hell out of there.
      You’d think he’d want to just get it out and clear up some space.

Painters are weird cunts. I’ve dealt with only one good one in my time. The rest of them lived in or on top or out back of their shops. Or smoked ice while I waited for them to pick up a gun and get spraying.
      Originally posted by Rdyno
      It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

This guy's actually alright for a painter, but yep, no idea why it's taking so long. It was meant to be done about three months ago, I made the mistake of letting him know the mechanical wasn't going to happen until next year.

The powdercoater's the same, though at least he's not really charging me any actual money! I've stopped by there so many times to see if my parts are ready that he offered me a beer yesterday when they weren't yesterday.

Going to swing by both the powdercoater and the painter today on the way home. I have a funny idea nothing will be happening for a month or so though.

Comment

In news that will surprise no-one, the car was meant to be home today but won't!

He was unhappy with the final finish of the bonnet so is redoing it. Given I stopped by there on Friday and he was actually working on it, I'm not particularly worried. It'll apparently be the end of the week. Maybe. Or next year.

Fortunately the powdercoaters came through and I picked up those parts today. They felt bad because of taking so long, so they were also free, bonus!

So I hit 1 out of 3 of pre-christmas deadlines. Hopeful for 2019.

Comment

Yay.....

Good news on the powder coating. Also good news on the bonnet as well. At least he cares enough to do a good job and redo it if it isn't up to standard.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's what I figured. He committed himself big time to getting it done today and then only backed out when he wasn't happy with the standard of his work.

That's the sort of person you want painting your car.

Comment

To make up for the disappointment of not having it home for Christmas you should really now buy the wagon down the street as a present for yourself so there is some valiant goodness in the driveway for tomorrow....

Comment

She's done. Should be home Friday afternoon provided the towie shows up (so give it another six weeks or so).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	6617050

Name:	IMG_2004.jpg
Size:	523.8 KB
ID:	6617051

Think I'll wait until it's actually sitting in my garage before bothering anyone about the next stage just to be safe.

Comment

Huzzah!
                    Originally posted by Billzilla
                    Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
                    Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

Ooooh, white......

Looking good.

Still reckon you should buy the wagon, especially as it is brown.....

Comment

Good news. You sound like me to my wife “it’ll be home next week” [emoji6]
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Good stuff mate! This has been an epic journey for everyone.
                          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

looks great congrats

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                              Good news. You sound like me to my wife “it’ll be home next week” [emoji6]
                              It's become a standing joke around our place. My 4yo daughter even makes fun of it now. I'm predicting monsoonal weather will delay the tow tomorrow because it doesn't have any windows yet.

Given it's taken this long there's not much pressure on the schedule, it'll happen when it happens. The mechanical/wiring/interior guys all do a lot of this sort of work so I figure any delays are due to the nature of doing stupid things with old cars, and this is hardly likely to be any different. No point constantly harassing them.

Thanks for the kind words. Will be good to have it in the garage finally!

Name:	IMG_2007.jpg
Size:	543.9 KB
ID:	6617056

Comment

2019 - the year of getting shit done:

Name:	IMG_4169.JPG
Size:	879.2 KB
ID:	6617082

No point leaving the old Cheviots on, they've done their job:

Name:	IMG_4175.JPG
Size:	688.6 KB
ID:	6617083

Time to see if the wheel decision I made three years ago was the right one.

Name:	IMG_4191.JPG
Size:	869.1 KB
ID:	6617084

Needs more rubber! There's at least another 30mm room under there.

Name:	IMG_4203.JPG
Size:	874.6 KB
ID:	6617085

But for now I'm just waiting for the wife to come home and murder me when she finds out how little space there is left in the garage.

Name:	IMG_4192.JPG
Size:	920.5 KB
ID:	6617086

Fitted up the rear lights too:

Name:	IMG_4196.JPG
Size:	648.3 KB
ID:	6617087

And now we wait: