Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome news.

The tyres won't last long once the engine is in, so no need to worry about them not being wide enough.

I can't see why, there is plenty of room in there.

Much better than my garage anyways.....

So disappointed there is no brown wagon there to accompany the white whale.

Comment

The eagle has landed!

Looks great though 😎

Comment

nice size car hole
        you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

You chose the correct wheels. They will be mint with fatter tyres.

Comment

Awesome! Must feel good having it home and something to tinker with!
            AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Yeah, car hole envy.
              Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Horray! I approve of the wheel choice too

Comment

Wheels look ace man. Absolutely spot on. Fyi if you are still on the hunt for rubber im fairly happy with the sumitomos i put on mine. Not that ive driven it, but they look and feel pretty good.

Comment

With those wheels It'll turn orange , develop a confederate flag on the turret and play "Dixie" when provoked! :D

Very nice project! Looking forward to future updates...
                    Jim.
                    Prince & Skyline spoken here

Comment

Thanks!

Started looking over things properly today, amazing both how much and how little is involved in putting these things back together.

Wheel offset isn't quite right, can probably fit a 255 maximum depending on how wide the new diff is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4211.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	818.0 KB
ID:	6617093

They're an 8.5 with a 5 inch backspace for, presumably, Charger reasons. They may or may not clear the front Wilwoods anyway so we'll see. If all else fails I'll just get some custom made new Hotwires.

Already 6x9 rear speaker holes, Soundstream Tarantulas ahoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4206.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	607.0 KB
ID:	6617094

Until then I'll be plating and sourcing fasteners. I have everything needed to get the car together except for a few pieces of chrome, and it'll just be a matter of what actually goes where. My local bolt shop will hate me, weird mix of metric and imperial.

Annoyingly, the engine and gearbox would just bolt straight in if I didn't go rack and pinion. New trans mount and the need to modify the new sump now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                        . My local bolt shop will hate me, weird mix of metric and imperial.
                        I found my local one is so used to it now they don't seem to mind. I walk in with a look of perplextion on my face and a handful of mixed nuts and bolts, a bit of paper with quantity. They take it, measure and wander back with what I need at a reasonable price.

Either that or I'm on the dart board wall in the lunch room. Shout out to the crew at Searle Fasteners.

Comment

Looks fantastic mate.

White Valiants are awesome.

Comment

Holy crap, the imaginary Val turned out to be real!

It's looking pretty ace, and I do like those wheels. I'm looking forward to watching the rapid progress that will surely happen from this point forwards!
                            Norbie!

Comment

Thanks!

Have been getting started on this over the weekend. The attention to detail on how theyíre put together is amazing - i.e. there is none.

Thereís been a few time already when Iíve been halfway through putting something together and getting frustrated because it doesnít work or look right, then realising thatís because thatís the way they were new. Some parts I thought were actually from another car, they fit that badly. In a way, they were, I think Chrysler Australia were just raiding parts bins at this point.

On the positive side the whole thing was designed to be assembled in a factory in Adelaide by a drunk guy called Barry. One Phillips head, two different sized sockets and about three different gauges of bolts plus some self tappers hold the whole car together. Even though Iím no mechanic Iím fairly sure Iím doing a better job than the factory did.

Might be easier to have a few VB first!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

Might be easier to have a few VB first!
                                Itís what Barry would want
                                AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Working...
                                X