X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Race Spec View Post
    Great photos. Nice number plate.
    Thanks. I love the plate - right place at the right time resulted in that a few years ago.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Estate

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
      Excellent pics. I love that this thing doesn't at all look out of place on a rally stage or the track, and then it hits you that it's an estate wagon! Sounds good from the outside, factory exhaust still Dan?
      Thanks mate - one of the hills stages I copped a little banter from the starting marshall "where's the kids" "nice hearse" etc, they released me quickly after another car assuming it was slow. I left the start line smoking and it got moving up the hill pretty fast once it hooked up - he gave me a much bigger gap the second time around!

Factory headers and front section, had AAA make twin 3" from the diff to Magnaflow rear mufflers. It's very deep and sounds good, not too crazy, a touch droney in the cabin at times so not sure what to do there. Thinking of doing smaller S/C pulley and tune before next years event to give a bit of extra grunt, which may result in more exhaust work etc etc
      1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Bit of progress with this - have fitted a Dynavin audio unit to replace the factory COMAND unit. Now have DAB+, BT streaming etc - works well, although DAB reception can be a little sketchy at times - might have to find a better antenna to replace the stick-on one that came with the radio.
        Replaced front pads and discs before 2018 rally - once again, car went very well. Had a few laps up at The Bend - looking forward to giving that a shot again soon.

Next plans - replace tyres with something grippier and maybe go down the tune/pulley path for a bit more squirt before 2019 rally.
        1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Quick take-off video from Victoria Park - shame we won't be able to run Vic Park this year, changes to the Adelaide Rally/AMF mean no laps there this year
          1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Had this tuned today by Martin at Powertech Tuning - made 339rwkw on standard SC pulley, intakes etc. Very happy. They had heaps of cool cars around the place too - muscle, GTRs, was impressed. Graph to come.
            1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Niiiice! Still want one of these badly.

Comment

450hp at the treads isn't bad for an essentially stock ~15yo car!
                What did it make before the tune?

Comment

Originally posted by uuheels View Post
                  450hp at the treads isn't bad for an essentially stock ~15yo car!
                  What did it make before the tune?
                  Made 300.8rwkw / 573nm straight on the dyno, made 339.2rwkw / 625nm after the tune. Feels nice and smooth still, just faster!
                  1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Still has the supercharger magnetic clutch doing its thing?

Comment

1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                        Still has the supercharger magnetic clutch doing its thing?
                        Yeah still has standard clutched pulley. I know it'll make more with a smaller pulley etc but for now this is a good improvement on stock
                        1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

Comment

Fuck that sounds good. Looks clean and shiny too. Do continue :D

Comment

perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma9000 View Post

Made 300.8rwkw / 573nm straight on the dyno, made 339.2rwkw / 625nm after the tune. Feels nice and smooth still, just faster!
                              Good numbers! Mine has an off the shelf tune from Eurocharged. I should flash it back to stock and dyno before and after and see if it's worth 40kw too.

Comment

Working...
                              X