Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 1m

Thought I needed to get into something new but 'old' enough to remain basic. RWD, Manual gearbag, hydraulic steering, not quite 2 tonne yet. Unfortunately F/I fasts and vacuum noise but that's ok.
    It was between this, Z4M, torn and swede-spec'd E46 M3s, M235i/M135i.

Faecal colour with diverticulitis and non wog-spec silver wheels.

Already broke the charge pipe, no skid pics yet. Typical krautmobile.

Will throw an intercooler, exhaust unburned fuel trickery on it until the platform matures and makes more advances.
    Probably better get a charge pipe too.

I love these things, nice.
    Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

Nice. What sort of $$ are these worth now?
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Very nice. I was just looking at the M2 - that's a lot of car for the money for a new car too.
        Originally posted by Mr Jones
        Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
          Nice. What sort of $$ are these worth now?
          A stupid amount. I ended up buying off a dealer and probably overpaid a little bit in comparison to what I knew recently sold. I'll dump that list once I'm the home PC. I got sick of searching and dealing with private market golf hat folk.
          I came across a lot of people that pull the lame lines like 'theres only a few in Australia', 'its a rare car'. The advertised prices have fluctuated a lot. Initially I looked forward to a white one but the orange is growing on me. Who cares, you sit inside anyway.
          Anywhere from 60-70 depending on mileage and condition. Some higher mileage cars have sold in the high 50s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice pickup. Didn't consider an E90 M3 instead of the E46?

Comment

Originally posted by [SPESHAL] View Post
              Nice pickup. Didn't consider an E90 M3 instead of the E46?
              Yeah an E46 is about half the money you're talking for a 1M and about 10+ years older tech wise.

Comment

These are close to 2 tonne?!?!?! Did I read that right??
                #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
                  These are close to 2 tonne?!?!?! Did I read that right??
                  You read it right, it was written I'll say "misleadingly".

About 1.5 tonne apparently. Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_...s_M_Coup.C3.A9

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit more with the AU Spec fat ones. idrive, nav and probably other shit tips it over 1500kg. I think anything over this weight regardless of how well technological advances "hide" it, is a luxury. Something newish, but still 'old' and a little character. A 2000 A4 with it's guts ripped apart 11ty times, is still probably faster, not as much compromise but I'm sick of breaking shit all the time plus the consciousness that comes with it.

I did briefly consider an E92, but like someone alluded to (and myself actually), the current owners think it is worth way more than they think. I get on good with the some of the guys at a local dealer (PM me if you want BM parts cheaper than RRP in Sydney), and some of the things that let go on E9xs are costly esp without any warranty. Manuals are hard, expensive to come by, plus I don't really think it suits the car. Don't need E90 four doors. Low sales/rarity in Aus shouldn't really influence your buying decision imo.

Actually, the 3.15 diff in the 1M is straight out of the E9x DCT M3, and it is too long imo. That would probably be one of the things to do within the next year.

It would've honestly been the Z4M, bit more inline within initial budget. It is hard to find a coupe. The one I test drove had a weird hesitation problem at WOT and it didn't feel as powerful as other S54 cars I tested. I actually think this will be a future classic despite looks and the iron lump up front. The only trap is age and getting into the routine of replacing wear n tear shit again. Don't mind it, knees and time availability do.

Comment

There is a orange 1M at Hunter Holden Ryde, it has sat there since Feb and still hasn't sold. Is it a shit box or over priced? You may have seen it on carsales. http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12267516/?Cr=1

Comment

I drove past it last Saturday, it's a shitbox because it has gloss black wheels. The one to avoid is AW with che23j rego from memory

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

edit:

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
                        There is a orange 1M at Hunter Holden Ryde, it has sat there since Feb and still hasn't sold. Is it a shit box or over priced? You may have seen it on carsales. http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12267516/?Cr=1
                        10k overprice.

A recent Syd VO was last listed for private sale at $69k with similar kms.

Here's a list+ some notes from inspections and test drives over the last several months:
                        1M Sold history:
                        12k km 2012 build, JB4, axle back exhaust, 69k list
                        33k km 2012 build, VO, stock, 66900 list (WA)
                        56k km 2012 Build, AW, interim oil changes, hwy ks, 63k
                        55k km 2012 Build, VO, QLD 62k (QA)
                        8k km, 2012 Build, AW, Throttle shop - sold for $73k
                        27k km, 201x Build, AW NSW - Sold for $67k
                        36k km, 2012 Build, AW Kirribilli/Balmain. Leaking Steering pump, wants ~67k as is.
                        29k km, 2011 Build, Chip in windscreen and a scratch on the bonnet. Wants 68k minimum. This is the same fuckwit that raised his price to 70+ when the good value ones dried up. LOL. Gone now.
                        10k km, 2012 Build, AW priv sale for $68,500 The Steal of the bunch.
                        12.5k km, 2012 Build, AW, chip on bonnet, gash on side skirt, wheels curbed, seat bolster wear/marks. Bought for 80k, tried to sell for 80k -lol. Gradually brought price down. Wanted 70 minimum.

Comment

Skid videos not loading

Comment

Bit of a shitfight getting it sorted under Prem Selection warranty. The local dealer fucked up so hard and once they got it 'right' they still wanted to charge an investigation fee despite the photo sitting in their inbox in addition to labour to replace if required (italics?)
                            Investigation includes a complimentary thrash up and down Hotham Pde of course to realise the car barely makes boost and push WGDC to blow the welds off the manifold.
                            Cunts didn't even offer a tow.

Anyway, will be sorted elsewhere bit further away with a free tow + replacement as it should be.

Comment

So it's fixed.
                              Lacks traction. Apologies for weak pic:

I feel Juan is naturally more suited to LS. I've been thinking of 'baby shit' but it isn't quite VT Commodore yellow nor orange.

Next things to do:
                              Nankangs on 18s.

Comment

Working...
                              X