Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Station car Echo/Vitz Supercharged!

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    A couple of mates of mine are doing a luddenham trackday this sunday man, stick a battery in it and come along! My adub is still not sorted after the last event so I wanna bum some passenger rides lol
    Damn, I actually went offroading that day lol, plus I want to install the stiffer front springs flywheel and cams before next track day.

    Found this little intake pipe in Japan, doubt it makes fuck all difference but looks cool at least lol.
    Intake Pipe by Shane, on Flickr
    Intake Pipe-2 by Shane, on Flickr
    Intake Pipe-3 by Shane, on Flickr
    Looks like from this pic, the angle is a bit off, might have to adjust this
    Intake Pipe-4 by Shane, on Flickr

    Also, I have had a go at repairing the flaking clear coat on the roof...Ive sanded it back, but it took some blue paint off lol...ive cleared it, just need to wet sand and polish...it wont be perfect but it will be better
    2020-04-08_03-08-42 by Shane, on Flickr
    2020-04-08_03-13-28 by Shane, on Flickr
    Originally posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Originally posted by oxy
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

    Comment


      I wanted to install an oil cooler, I have never done it before, but what are things i should look out for or consider? I found a cheap used Setrab 10 row oil cooler, it has AN fittings already, I just need the lines

      I've been watching Beavis' YT clips which are pretty good!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ABmU2TVuE">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ABmU2TVuE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">
      Originally posted by The Property Guru
      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
      Originally posted by oxy
      No, that's asians
      A80 Supra
      80 Landcruiser

      Comment


        That size core would be a good match for this weapon, mate. Not too big, not to small.

        Do you have a relocated oil filter already? If not, then this might be a good time to get one, as you will need to get the lines made up for the cooler anyway. Definitely steer clear of cheapo no name lines, and get some PTFE lines to avoid any potential issues in the future. Also, If you dont have a thermostatically controlled oil filter housing, then you may need to block the oil cooler core with corflute for when you are just driving around on the street, as the oil will likely be over cooled if the core is fully exposed to good airflow.

        If possible, try to mount the core vertically, with the oil feed line going to the bottom fitting, as its alleged that doing this helps to get rid of any air bubbles in the oil.

        Nice work on the clear coat repair too, it looks a lot better
        Last edited by Mr Ree; 12-04-20, 04:10 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
          That size core would be a good match for this weapon, mate. Not too big, not to small.

          Do you have a relocated oil filter already? If not, then this might be a good time to get one, as you will need to get the lines made up for the cooler anyway. Definitely steer clear of cheapo no name lines, and get some PTFE lines to avoid any potential issues in the future. Also, If you dont have a thermostatically controlled oil filter housing, then you may need to block the oil cooler core with corflute for when you are just driving around on the street, as the oil will likely be over cooled if the core is fully exposed to good airflow.

          If possible, try to mount the core vertically, with the oil feed line going to the bottom fitting, as its alleged that doing this helps to get rid of any air bubbles in the oil.

          Nice work on the clear coat repair too, it looks a lot better
          wow thats great info man!!!
          Na standard oil filter location atm, and yeah will get a thermostatic housing.
          Originally posted by The Property Guru
          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
          Originally posted by oxy
          No, that's asians
          A80 Supra
          80 Landcruiser

          Comment


            the HKS thermostatic housings are a good fit for the NZ and ZZ motors
            Last edited by jasonp1977; 12-04-20, 06:25 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
              the HKS thermostatic housings are a good fit for the NZ and ZZ motors
              Oh thats sick, so nice and simple. Just rubber lines? was gonna get Braided. Picked up the used setrab Oil cooler today...its smaller than I thought, but I think its enough for me?
              Oil cooler by Shane, on Flickr
              Oil cooler-3 by Shane, on Flickr
              Oil cooler-2 by Shane, on Flickr

              Its like it was made for it! Fits perfectly here, even lines up with 2 existing holes to bolt it up!
              Oil cooler-4 by Shane, on Flickr

              That should be sufficient air flow?
              Oil cooler-5 by Shane, on Flickr
              Originally posted by The Property Guru
              don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
              Originally posted by oxy
              No, that's asians
              A80 Supra
              80 Landcruiser

              Comment


                Aeroquip -10 pushlock there. Would be nicer with something a bit more flexible

                Comment


                  So Ive started to get the Cams and springs put in. Its a bigger job than anticipated, front timing cover and chain needs to come out. And yes, i need to do more regular oil changes lolll
                  20200701_110351 by Shane, on Flickr
                  20200701_110403 by Shane, on Flickr

                  Also 2zz Injectors ( I ordered new seals and o rings for them) and installing the Lightweight flywheel. All for Mondays Wakefield day!!
                  Originally posted by The Property Guru
                  don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                  Originally posted by oxy
                  No, that's asians
                  A80 Supra
                  80 Landcruiser

                  Comment


                    Might have throw a cup of diesel into the sump before next oil change!
                    Originally posted by brewdles
                    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

                    Comment


                      So I just bought this, trying not to go down the rabbit hole like you have....
                      Its just a daily for a few months, its just a daily, just a daily......

                      Comment


                        Man love that colour welcome to the family haha! Ok, what do you need? I have Axel back exhausts..wheels....suspension stuff...haha
                        Originally posted by The Property Guru
                        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                        Originally posted by oxy
                        No, that's asians
                        A80 Supra
                        80 Landcruiser

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Bob Vegana. View Post
                          Might have throw a cup of diesel into the sump before next oil change!
                          Really? This might clean it out?
                          Originally posted by The Property Guru
                          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                          Originally posted by oxy
                          No, that's asians
                          A80 Supra
                          80 Landcruiser

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                            Man love that colour welcome to the family haha! Ok, what do you need? I have Axel back exhausts..wheels....suspension stuff...haha
                            ENABLER

                            Comment


                              well it IS at 4wd ride height.....

                              Comment


                                Love the colour! Headlights definitely need a tickle with some polish though!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X