X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribfeast
    replied
    Love the colour! Headlights definitely need a tickle with some polish though!

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    well it IS at 4wd ride height.....

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
    Man love that colour welcome to the family haha! Ok, what do you need? I have Axel back exhausts..wheels....suspension stuff...haha
    ENABLER

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Vegana. View Post
    Might have throw a cup of diesel into the sump before next oil change!
    Really? This might clean it out?

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    Man love that colour welcome to the family haha! Ok, what do you need? I have Axel back exhausts..wheels....suspension stuff...haha

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    So I just bought this, trying not to go down the rabbit hole like you have....
    Its just a daily for a few months, its just a daily, just a daily......

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vegana.
    replied
    Might have throw a cup of diesel into the sump before next oil change!

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    So Ive started to get the Cams and springs put in. Its a bigger job than anticipated, front timing cover and chain needs to come out. And yes, i need to do more regular oil changes lolll
    20200701_110351 by Shane, on Flickr
    20200701_110403 by Shane, on Flickr

Also 2zz Injectors ( I ordered new seals and o rings for them) and installing the Lightweight flywheel. All for Mondays Wakefield day!!

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    Aeroquip -10 pushlock there. Would be nicer with something a bit more flexible

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
    the HKS thermostatic housings are a good fit for the NZ and ZZ motors
    Oh thats sick, so nice and simple. Just rubber lines? was gonna get Braided. Picked up the used setrab Oil cooler today...its smaller than I thought, but I think its enough for me?
    Oil cooler by Shane, on Flickr
    Oil cooler-3 by Shane, on Flickr
    Oil cooler-2 by Shane, on Flickr

Its like it was made for it! Fits perfectly here, even lines up with 2 existing holes to bolt it up!
    Oil cooler-4 by Shane, on Flickr

That should be sufficient air flow?
    Oil cooler-5 by Shane, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    the HKS thermostatic housings are a good fit for the NZ and ZZ motors
    Last edited by jasonp1977; 12-04-20, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
    That size core would be a good match for this weapon, mate. Not too big, not to small.

Do you have a relocated oil filter already? If not, then this might be a good time to get one, as you will need to get the lines made up for the cooler anyway. Definitely steer clear of cheapo no name lines, and get some PTFE lines to avoid any potential issues in the future. Also, If you dont have a thermostatically controlled oil filter housing, then you may need to block the oil cooler core with corflute for when you are just driving around on the street, as the oil will likely be over cooled if the core is fully exposed to good airflow.

If possible, try to mount the core vertically, with the oil feed line going to the bottom fitting, as its alleged that doing this helps to get rid of any air bubbles in the oil.

Nice work on the clear coat repair too, it looks a lot better
    wow thats great info man!!!
    Na standard oil filter location atm, and yeah will get a thermostatic housing.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    That size core would be a good match for this weapon, mate. Not too big, not to small.

Do you have a relocated oil filter already? If not, then this might be a good time to get one, as you will need to get the lines made up for the cooler anyway. Definitely steer clear of cheapo no name lines, and get some PTFE lines to avoid any potential issues in the future. Also, If you dont have a thermostatically controlled oil filter housing, then you may need to block the oil cooler core with corflute for when you are just driving around on the street, as the oil will likely be over cooled if the core is fully exposed to good airflow.

If possible, try to mount the core vertically, with the oil feed line going to the bottom fitting, as its alleged that doing this helps to get rid of any air bubbles in the oil.

Nice work on the clear coat repair too, it looks a lot better
    Last edited by Mr Ree; 12-04-20, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    I wanted to install an oil cooler, I have never done it before, but what are things i should look out for or consider? I found a cheap used Setrab 10 row oil cooler, it has AN fittings already, I just need the lines

I've been watching Beavis' YT clips which are pretty good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ABmU2TVuE">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ABmU2TVuE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    Originally posted by trdee View Post
    A couple of mates of mine are doing a luddenham trackday this sunday man, stick a battery in it and come along! My adub is still not sorted after the last event so I wanna bum some passenger rides lol
    Damn, I actually went offroading that day lol, plus I want to install the stiffer front springs flywheel and cams before next track day.

Found this little intake pipe in Japan, doubt it makes fuck all difference but looks cool at least lol.
    Intake Pipe by Shane, on Flickr
    Intake Pipe-2 by Shane, on Flickr
    Intake Pipe-3 by Shane, on Flickr
    Looks like from this pic, the angle is a bit off, might have to adjust this
    Intake Pipe-4 by Shane, on Flickr

Also, I have had a go at repairing the flaking clear coat on the roof...Ive sanded it back, but it took some blue paint off lol...ive cleared it, just need to wet sand and polish...it wont be perfect but it will be better
    2020-04-08_03-08-42 by Shane, on Flickr
    2020-04-08_03-13-28 by Shane, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X