$800 shit heap EP71

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come across a small issue. Dneg made up a USB cable to plug into the Greddy box (usb > serial > usb) but it's not playing ball. I'm no pc whiz but I think my laptop can't read anything that comes from the cable. Have installed the port drivers required for the dongle but still no ball.

It's a Belkin adapter, got 64 bit Windows 8 drivers but it still doesn't read. Hunting for a Greddy cable to see if that makes a difference. Or possibly another laptop.

Comment

Instructions from the internet that involve parts from eBay, a soldering iron and a serial to USB adapter.......
      It was toss of the coin it working before I made it.

Comment

Could it be the serial cable part of the equation? Because even on 8bit PLCs the speed difference between a serial cable and a com's cable is huge. Serial cable is almost pointless its that slow. Band width difference I guess.

Comment

Got the instructions from here - http://www.migee.com/2010/05/06/diy-...-from-scratch/

It's going to be like the old Mclaren F1 cars. I'll need some 1990's laptop so I can plug in a cable lol

Comment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131695445...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the jigger I bought, looks like its whats needed?
            That Belkin adapter is mint, have used it before with serial stuff and its been good.

Comment

Comment

Haha. You need the old suitcase one. The fuckers that look like you would slip a disc if you try and lift the cunt.

Comment

Comment

Good quality FTDI adaptor, eg http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/usb-ca...blies/8888801/ works on VSDs, PLCs and things at 57600baud

Car is awesome.
                    Originally posted by Jim
                    the only decent six pot holden ever put in a car was the nissan RB30

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post
                      "Your clear to send the container of coke, oh, and can you make my starlet run under 17:1"

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post
                        "I need a car as brick like as my phone!
                        An ep71 starlet? Perfect!"

Comment

Borrowed a proper Greddy cable this evening, will give it a whirl tomorrow. Was told to try running the program in XP support mode as admin, fingers crossed it works.

Comment

compatibility mode that shit like a boss
                            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                            The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Looks like the greedy mang cable worked a treat, thing has all sorts of dodgy 1990's settings you can fiddle with - its setup with 440cc injectors.

There is a Haltech E11 for sale here for $500 which would be ideal........

Comment

Yeh it all seems to work. Only things that have been touched is the fuel map and boost cut. It's in volts so nfi what that translates to. Dyno is booked for wednesday, fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X