• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomvale13
    replied
    Yeah the C52 is a tough little bugger.

Also;
    Originally posted by foamy View Post
    Bloke wasn't happy with the signature on the receipt...
    wtf..? "I don't like that person's signature.." or "fake"?

Leave a comment:

• foamy
    replied
    Mmmm had a look at the front wheel this morning. Bearing is fine, driveshaft is fucked. Can slide it in and out, makes a hell of a racket Going away for 2 weeks on Friday so will check it when I get back.

& yes Dneg this is the shaft I never split so it should have a circlip on it (reefed on it before we left and there was no play so something has gone horribly wrong).

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vegana.
    replied
    It might have a purge solenoid that's a bit dicky.

Leave a comment:

• Euronymous
    replied
    Good to hear it went pretty well.
    Yeah, sounds like a dodgy check valve. Sometimes in line or ontop the cannister

Leave a comment:

• foamy
    replied

Pretty exhausted, was a sick weekend out at Dubbo. Car performed flawlessly up until Lithgow, sounds like front passenger wheel bearing is completely fucked so will have to fix that. Somehow the engine was pressurising the fuel tank via the charcoal canister. Pretty weird because it only started doing it after the drag racing. Maybe the check valve failed (do they have one inside the canister usually?) Will need to investigate.

Car really needs a LSD, spent most of the time spinning the wheel Box on it appears to be a shit C150 (4EFE pov box). I can buy a Quaife LSD for about $1100 or so that will fit the box, but the box is shit with smaller diameter gears etc. I need to find a C52 4EFTE EP82/EP91 non turbo box, Dneg has a TRD 1 way which will suit (8 bolt).

Leave a comment:

• Euronymous
    replied
    FUCK YEEEAAH!! Good work boys, busted your arse and it payed off. Have a blast at dubbo.

PS. I still wanna see this run on 17psi haha

Leave a comment:

• foamy
    replied
    You just know when you enter the RMS by the look of the person serving you how it's going to go. Unfortunately for me it went very badly the first time. Bloke wasn't happy with the signature on the receipt....30mins later when 'I re-bought' the car off my mate and I had a new receipt.

Went over the car tonight, everything seems ok. Drove it home, no leaks or funny noises. Car made 98kw on 7psi. Tuner clamped the waste gate line to see what it would do and it hit 17psi at around 5000rpm. Don't have any proper boost control for the turbo & the tuner would of had to fuck around for hours more so just decided that was enough (hey it has to drive to Dubbo and back). Got handed plates at 4:30PM so cut it all pretty close. Would post dyno sheet pics etc but I'm wrecked and must be up early for the Dubbo festivities.

Dneg is busy researching how to weld up a mang diff, one of the boys is bringing out a 'Toyota' Lexen.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vegana.
    replied
    Yep, enough to break shit and have fun whilst doing so.

Leave a comment:

• I'm DJ!
    replied
    Originally posted by dnegative View Post
    Word on the streets is that it's fixed and registered 😉
    Aparantly the greddy box is a complete piece of shit but I think we all knew that.

100fwkw @7psi
    Too much of a fucking nightmare to push it further
    Fuck yeah, that's not bad.

Leave a comment:

• trdee
    replied
    Yea boi nationals here we come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    party on contest winners, party on.

Leave a comment:

• dnegative
    replied
    Word on the streets is that it's fixed and registered 😉
    Aparantly the greddy box is a complete piece of shit but I think we all knew that.

100fwkw @7psi
    Too much of a fucking nightmare to push it further

Leave a comment:

• dnegative
    replied
    Adub is good to go, change the oil and filter and its golden

Leave a comment:

• dnegative
    replied
    Yours is on the list, good sign, more paperwork

Leave a comment:

• foamy
    replied
    Found this page while searching my VIN & compliance details - http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/list_2.html

Any idea what it is? Transitional approvals?

Probably take the KE70. Needs some new pads, a service & possibly the exhaust fixed so will get it all done tomorrow as a backup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X