• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foamy View Post
    silvertop vs 4EFTE?
    sounds like a plan i should be getting started on it early 2017
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Dneg and I had a fiddle with it this evening. Threw new plugs, oil & filter at it. Tried cranking it over, fuel began hemorrhaging from the feed line to the fuel rail. "Fixed" that. Put 10L of 98 into the tank and the motor fired right up.

Nothing sounds fooked....bit of froth in the radiator and the new oil is a bit milky. It did sit around for 1.5 years.....had all sorts of shit in the oil we dropped so I might change the oil again and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

It had 100ml of water, 800ml of fuel and 3000ml of oil in the sump.
        It runs well, doesn't miss and doesn't smoke so its probably fine, the leads are wrong (they dont fit the cap correctly) and the timing hasnt been set.
        It sat around outside with a bit of rag in the oil drain, given the fucking horrendous rain they have had some is always going to get in but water in the bottom of the pan is harmless.

No1 injector probably leaks but given they are top feed Toyota injectors in a 1.3L engine I'm sure they are something common, probably 7MGE or whatever habib used back in the day when he fitted the greedy box.
        http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Greddy-em...spfnSw22zR9nsg

That's what it is anyway, I found the sticker shown on the ECU under the back seat;
        They are not great but they do work to some degree.

Comment

As for fixing the last of fucking whoosh.......

Probably weld a new flange on the current manifold to suit a TD04 off a WRX, can get decent used ones for sweet fuck all these days.
          You can buy a china manifold and turbo for $500 but I'm thinking poor valve for money when $200 will have a TD04 fitted and plumbed to the existing exhaust.

Comment

yep get a TD04. pretty sure harrison has two $50 TD04s lying around, just cos..

also those emanages are ok to cludge a factory system into running more boost. obviously not amazing (simmo has one on the aristo and it basically just clamps the map sensor to 5v and pumps the injector duty cycle to 100% at anything beyond 1 bar) but they do the job for a budget build

top feed injectors - many options to replace with something else. harrison *might* have some gze injectors laying around if he hasnt sold them off after he swapped in the 550cc evo ones he is now using

Comment

Before I get a turbo, wanted to sort out all the rust. Worst of it is below the windscreen -

Some small amount behind the dash inside too. Will strip it over the next week or so, got a mate who does decent rust repair work so he can have it and sort it out.

Then plan is to TD04, maybe a el-cheapo ECU and take it to Dubbo for Toyota Nationals 2017. Could probably throw a wideband on it too if the budget allows.

Comment

Fuck the rust, turbo first

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
                  Fuck the rust, turbo first
                  x2 perform skids then worry about rust :D

Awesome little project!!!
                  BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Rust = weight reduction = faster = skids

Comment

Rust first otherwise it will annoy the fuck out of you.
                      Originally posted by brasher
                      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

e85 first

Comment

This man knows ^

Comment

All holes lead to the dash side of the firewall.

Any suggestions on how to best fix it? (Plate over the air vents and pretend it doesn't exist was my first thought).

Comment

The answer to that question depends on how long you're planning on keeping this thing.

I'd probably just KBS/POR-15 it and leave it for the next owner. Though I have a bad record of that sort of decision backfiring on me when I'm restoring the car properly five years later.

Comment

7mgte 440's were the go in these with upgraded turbos from memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X