$800 shit heap EP71

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutted the inside of the car. Twist tied speaker wire. Everywhere! So much of the loom is hacked up, obviously this car was built just after the peak of the show car scene.

The sound deadening is manky as, chunks of carpet are attached to it and there is a nice patina of mould. Where do you buy dry ice from these days?

Comment

Don't throw the interior out. You won't ever find replacement trims etc
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
      The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
        This guy
        Originally posted by thebluerx7
        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Yeah it's all stored in the disabled toilet at work ready to go back in once the rust is el-fixo'd. TBH it's all pretty fucked anyway, at least everything below the dash. All has been hacked up for the kebab holder, voltage gauges etc etc. I'll put the dash and the rest back in and see how I go.

Old man rust repairs came over today and eye balled the car. Is happy to sort it, so it's on a tow truck tomorrow to get fixed.

Comment

this is awesome, tried to buy one a while back for 2.5k but it was auto and a bit yuck.

Comment

Hard to find them in good nick, they come up sometimes in auction from Japan but by the time you land it etc etc it's probably too much money.

Man it's hard finding wheels for this thing, 13-14" , 4x100....found some TOM'S wheels ex Japan for fook all money - http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/o155114313

Other option is RPF1's but have to come ex USA / Japan for the right sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post
                Hard to find them in good nick, they come up sometimes in auction from Japan but by the time you land it etc etc it's probably too much money.

Man it's hard finding wheels for this thing, 13-14" , 4x100....found some TOM'S wheels ex Japan for fook all money - http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/o155114313

Other option is RPF1's but have to come ex USA / Japan for the right sizes.
                JDMparts.ruperwrecht.com on the book of faces would be worth talking to re wheels - he's always posting neat shit in 4x100 in those sorts of sizes
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Dry ice can be found from.BOC at blacktown or from these cunts in hornsby http://fiegertsice.com.au
                  I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                    JDMparts.ruperwrecht.com on the book of faces would be worth talking to re wheels - he's always posting neat shit in 4x100 in those sorts of sizes
                    He has some cool stuff, not a lot of chop in 4x100 currently. Wish these were 4x100 - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kalor...ero/1132826457

Old mate is pulling the windscreen out to get at the rust, most/all of the clips holding in the side trim are broken. These clips here - http://megazip.me/M/41b/41b12ed20041...56177e14c4.png

Anybody know if they are a standardised part Toyota use for trim? (of that era at least).

Comment

dan dietritch has a line on the same toms turbine wheels that i run on the AW11 if you wanted to run 15s (you should run 15s anyway, way better choices for tyres)

try toyodiy for the clips but chances are they are identical to ae82 etc cars of the time

Comment

fk me those turbo fans make me want a car just to fit them on.

Comment

Early 3 series and geminis are 4x100 too don't forget, should open up your options a bit depending on what offset these run.
                          Originally posted by Dimi
                          80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                          Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                          My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

(you should run 15s anyway, way better choices for tyres)
                            Tis true. Tyre choices in 14" is balls.
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Oh my, flash back to 2008 and I have found this vehicles build thread haha!

http://austarletclub.com/index.php?/...71-starlet-gt/
                              http://austarletclub.com/index.php?/...rlet-gt/page-2

"The finally setup for engine was;
                              Forged rods and pistons
                              Heavy duty valve springs
                              XS power T3 turbo
                              Custom exhaust mani and 2 1/2 dump and system with outlaw high flow cat
                              Emanage blue
                              Walbro 255 fuel pump
                              360cc injectors"

Well that's nice.

Comment

forged internals sounds good, assuming it's the same motor

throw a turbro on this thing and take it to marulan for some lols

Comment

Working...
                                X