Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbos I'm looking at are -

The China T3 that came off it. Pros - bolts back up. Car is 'tuned' for it. Cons - the exhaust wheel broke off the old one, potentially could end up with another $300 USD paperweight.
    TD04 - Pros - Probably spools quickly and makes good power. Cons - Hate rolling dice on 2nd hand turbos, could buy a new Kinugawa one but have been burnt once by Taiwan turbos.
    GT2560 / GT2860RS - Pros - Can buy brand new from GCG for not too much. Con - How laggy is it going to be on a 1.3 motor?

Any other options?

Comment

All of the boosts

Comment

Had a disco potato on a 1.3 no boost till like 5000rpm so smaller is my suggestion

Comment

I told him to ask the tuna, not sure if the greddy box will stay.

Comment

Subaru td04 any day of the week, especially a low km one someone took off for a 'sick sti upgrade yo'.

3D printing thread is your friend for clips you can't buy anymore.

Comment

Subaru left overs are looking like our best option, cheap, in supply and they translate well to this tiny motor.

We need it going by Easter, booked in for the Toyota nationals Khana and drags

Comment

TD04 seems to be the universal answer. Joined some NSW Subaru facebook groups and am keeping an eye out.

These are the clips in question

Discontinued from Toyota....Amayama have them in their Sydney warehouse (maybe they bought them all up?) so have ordered a whole bunch through them.

Part numbers were - 75545-10010 - 7x required (top weather strip). 75546-10010 - 10x required (side weather strips).

Comment

This is sweet. Keep at it. Built motor sounds promising!
                  Originally posted by thebluerx7
                  The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

TF035 off the forester GT is another option.

Comment

Tried bidding on a set of Oz racing rally wheels but got outbid :< Managed to find & order a set of Manaray Turbina-S wheels instead!. Pic for reference:

Size is 14x6, +38, 4x100.

They need a bit of paint and fixing up but should look the goods. A set of TOMS turbo wheels would of been sweet too, but are tricky to find / cost too many dong.

Comment

Here they are - need a bit of paint, never painted wheels before. Not sure if to get a shop to paint them (then they would be the nicest part of the car....) or I just give it a go (and no doubt they will match the car in terms of quality lol)

Found a set of these to throw on them too in a 195 60 14 -

The plan is to get it out to Dubbo for the Toyota Nationals @ Easter for the 1/8 drags and the motorkana.

Comment

having owned an ep82 when I was at uni, I have a soft spot for ep71s.

Comment

Do em yourself, white is pretty straight forward. With no tyres it's super easy.

Comment

2 of the rims have been partially sanded back, stripping them all the way back to metal sounds like a good idea.

Ended up using paint stripper and a scraper, worked fairly well. Just need a brush to get into the crevices and remove the remaining paint. The other 2 rims with decent paint on them, I'll just scuff them back and primer / paint them. Priced up getting them sand blasted and prep'd for paint but it was getting up there in cost so I will just suffer and do it myself.

Comment

Don't fuck them

Comment

Working...
                                X