$800 shit heap EP71

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's white sikaflex (or fibreglass) to smooth it out.

Comment

Smooths it out & keeps any water out in the future. Will be sanded & painted, will never know it's there!

Comment

ah ok so there is metal under it?
        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
        The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Yeah hahaha. It's all plated & welded in, with seam filler over the welds & to fill in the gaps (same stuff they use on cars i.e where the outer door skin meets the inner, they put seam filler over it).

Comment

mad. keen to see this at dubbo. next year we will do a starlet V starlet race
            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
            The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Some more progress from rust repair man:

That's probably the worst of it. Windscreen will go back shortly, waiting to hear if the windscreen guy can source one. Hoping to have it back in the next few weeks.

Comment

At least it's not too terrible.
                BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

One side fixed (white shit is sealer) -

Well....not sure if it will be ready for Dubbo anymore lol. Hole so big you can put both hands in and clap.

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post
                    Well....not sure if it will be ready for Dubbo anymore lol. Hole so big you can put both hands in and clap.
                    Paris Hilton Spec.
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post
                      One side fixed (white shit is sealer) -

Sounds like my ex

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                      Paris Hilton Spec.
                      Doh beaten...

Edit : Does it need to be fixed before then? Can you just push the flap back down, put a guard back on it and drive it for the weekend?
                      Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

It doesn't run, needs a heap of work (turbo, exhaust, fix engine loom, re-wire some of the interior etc) + the interior put back in. I have a back up car so no big deal, just would be nice to get this one going in time

Comment

One of these going cheapish in Perth ATM, I'm seriously considering just getting it shipped and saying oops I guess "I won the eBay item"......

Comment

We looked at that but Perth....
                            Swear I saw one in Brisbane for 2k but can't find it again.

It doesn't need that much work to get running, 20 hours labor tops

Comment

Wheels are almost done:

Just need a little paint brush to do the 'Turbina-S' in red.

Ordered one of these with a wideband -https://www.justraceparts.com.au/auto-gauges/digital-multi-gauge

Should keep the interior a bit cleaner. If it works well I might stick one in my KE70 too.

Comment

Wheels are turned out awesome! Well that one has
                                BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X