80's Cool +boost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noice one! Funny you dont want the gold wheels as theyre exactly what i want on my white one. Id offer to buy them but i need 5 stud
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

You dunce they are 5 stud.

Comment

Been troubleshooting the over 4500rpm miss and surging at light throttle, most likely culprit is the TPS, I have a TSRM guide to follow which I will do so soon but in the mean time i've ordered some coil packs, pig tails and will pick up some plugs too and it looks like a new radiator too possibly ex japan as no one has heard of a jza70 supra apparently which is what donated its heart to the ma61;

Not looking to do an aluminum rad hopefully I can find one somewhere.

Comment

MA70 should be the same mounting and hose location wise; issue will be the mounting bosses for the hydrofan.

If the core is ok, maybe just change the tanks and orings

Comment

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-JZA7...516?nav=SEARCH

Comment

A70 and A60 radiators are different widths from memory. I have a photo somewhere comparing them.

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
              You dunce they are 5 stud.
              Yeah dunno how I missed that. So this means I want your wheels and you should give them to me.

Comment

Heres a post about the different radiators: http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post841610553

Theyre more similar than I remembered, A70 is a bit taller so yeah you likely have a JZA70 radiator there. (MA70 has different pipe locations)

S13 radiator should also fit, which might make the search a fair bit easier. I have an S13 radiator in mine.

Comment

Thats not a jza70, its an 80.

Some internetting has advised that the hyfrofan setup is more central on the jza70, 1 mounting tab is different on the ma70 so they arent really compatible and the hydro temp sensor boss is missing as well.
                  Top and bottom end tanks I cant find a part number for on the jza70, all the sites I usually use that part in an exploded diagram has no part number else id just order that and get the local mob to redo the tanks.

Ed - Not after an aluminium setup, the engine bay is too neat to china it up
                  Its a jza70 rad + hyrdro fan setup straight from the halfcut.

I've sent a few links I found to streeter to see if he can liase with any of the jap companies or knows of a place that can make one up, he's usually pretty good/knowledgeable.

Comment

just go a china radiator, smooth the welds back and hit it with some semi gloss black
                    Originally posted by ALLMTR
                    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Yeah I wasnt showing you because aluminium, just for size comparison.

Didnt realise it was hydrofan, thats a bit of a cunt, but the brackets on those are a pretty simple thing. You could adapt it to an S13 radiator if the search ran into a dead end. S13 parts are alot easier to get.

Comment

Yep I've just started the search so seeing what I can get and if all else fails I can always change the water pump/fan setup over as well and put in some au thermos and a s13 rad setup.

Comment

MA70 hose locations are mint, that's what I have in my MA61/1JZ

Getting the hydro bolted on though...

Keep the hydrofan, they are awesome, you can skid the thing up a mountain in summer and the 4500cfm they pull will keep it in check

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
                            Keep the hydrofan, they are awesome, you can skid the thing up a mountain in summer and the 4500cfm they pull will keep it in check
                            This, Hydrofan is the way to go.
                            Originally posted by ALLMTR
                            the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Hydro isnt going anywhere, streeter has come through and a koyo copper 2 row oem replacement which will do nicely.

Comment

Ahh man look seriously. Cunts fucked.

No point fixing it.

I got a mate in Adelaide these days with a trailer PM me your address and bank details. I'll get him around tonight.

Don't stress about the radiator I'll fix it.

:D
                                BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X