2016 mx5

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing i dont like about these is the rear mounted thermostat and timing chain issue....otherwise i would have put one in my ae86

Comment

Originally posted by japlish View Post
      The only thing i dont like about these is the rear mounted thermostat and timing chain issue....otherwise i would have put one in my ae86
      yeah, couldn't justify buying another standard mx5 engine for 4k, would rather do the conversion, and if i fuck one of these its only a grand
      No Power chips thanks

Comment

slapped it in today, just have to make mounts now

No Power chips thanks

Comment

No height issues? I know they poke out the bonnet of the early mx5s?
          Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Looks like its meant to be there

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post
            The NDs are a fair bit bigger than NA/NB. I lined up next to one a little while ago and was looking at the bottom of the window glass.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
              Looks like its meant to be there

The NDs are a fair bit bigger than NA/NB. I lined up next to one a little while ago and was looking at the bottom of the window glass.

Really hereís mine and some random white car

The shot from the front the ND nose it a lot lower over the radiator too

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post
                should be fine with bonnet etc, looks good so far
                No Power chips thanks

Comment

Good job on the quick progress. Keen to see how this turns out.
                  2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                  2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                  2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Fair enough. They really do feel like they are bigger than the NA on the road.

Looking at the engine placement it sits a lot lower and further back than the NA engine bay would allow, so thats probably why it fits easily enough.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Iíve got a set of S001ís and some Garageline spacers for one of these for PF prices if anyone wants them

Took the spacers off as I put fatter tyres on mine and they rub, and I donít want to roll the guards

Comment

Ordered the Canbus converter from the states, So the GM ecu talks to the mazda do all my gauges etc work
                        No Power chips thanks

Comment

Had to buy a under drive pulley to get a little more clearance, I'm also going turbo aswell now, Will be a big single, not sure if there will be room in the front.
                          if not i'll be able to do a rear mount setup..

Click image for larger version

Name:	69711235_371168533580445_886531007090524160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeG857wasFXN7HHt-AwU6bJLlDyZ4pkvc-2UlHeE2qEOUX0IMKFsRImC3V7gZmFBdltORL-9aO0cupkfpnHUPYwAnoy9ThxV6MMf56Y0iygBiw&_nc_oc=AQlow7KC3As6CU1P9_MFelMH-u3nP51RauCsOK6Rg9v_ZIn8Iz_nJPPbzV
Views:	165
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	7074621
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	69598184_10156736592641242_3144711359766200320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeHeOgZAriuMWLKu8xPNSIhYMjnWm5keUs7z5d9djb7K_EbfXh5NRd67BMuid00_VFC8FOnAb-StHKEl7U6MhUeOPEoVA9R51ZWWDVvA-53juA&_nc_oc=AQktw73atB-u31VgtkRWGvmAmv3yYzjwbX-tCAK4iO29PU6TRySBKtz
Views:	159
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	7074622
                          No Power chips thanks

Comment

Nice escalation. Like

Comment

Serious build for a newish car, love it!

Projects:
                              '90 2jz-gte 929
                              '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Saw an old chevy pic up with 1 of these recently with supercharger and it looked very neat, any reason why ur not considering a SC??

Comment

Working...
                                X